• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Good way to Study? (1 Viewer)

joe_rulez37

HSC
I just thought up of this study idea and I'd be great if people can comment on it. I do Modern History, Ancient History and Economics and those are three subjects which you don't really need to "understand" the concept as much as "memorising".

I was wondering, say if you remember one extended essay every week on the topic, when it comes to HSC, you would have it all in your head. Of course it would take a long time to memorise but at the end of the day it's bound to pay off right?

Has anyone actually tried this and if so, has it worked for you?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
joe_rulez37 said:
I just thought up of this study idea and I'd be great if people can comment on it. I do Modern History, Ancient History and Economics and those are three subjects which you don't really need to "understand" the concept as much as "memorising".

I was wondering, say if you remember one extended essay every week on the topic, when it comes to HSC, you would have it all in your head. Of course it would take a long time to memorise but at the end of the day it's bound to pay off right?

Has anyone actually tried this and if so, has it worked for you?
It does help in a sense, as you can regurgitate quality information, but you have to understand the concepts being taught, so that you can answer and make clear links to any question that can be thrown at you. Memorizing essays isn't a problem for me and i will memorize to an extent, but you shouldn't rely entirely on it or have a foresight that your memorized essay will be similar to the one thats in the test. If you do, you might find it hard to adapt to it and also when you can't remember a beautiful sentence that you might have wanted to use, you might start panicking and hence it will all be over for you.

Last edited:

passion89

HSC
Probably would help but it would be 100 times better if you actually understood it. See above posts for the reasons, I just had to put my 2 cents in haha

Jaydels

HSC
Spending so much time memorising essays is bound to affect your study for other subjects as well. Also, an understanding of the material is often useful when your memory fails in the exam :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)