Good Universities Guide 2011 (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Allows me to get a job in the Finance industry, if I choose to do so.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
^ Haha, agreed - ask Shadowdude.

In all honesty, it's not all that helpful since it's just based on other people's opinions. You should base your decision on financing, location, convenience and the possible career outlook from that university (e.g. if the university has connections to other businesses).
This is such a good and accurate post. The Good Universities guide in my opinion was not accurate and I decided to not use it in making my decision. Take into account the above factors, because in all honesty they are what ultimately hold the most weight.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
This is such a good and accurate post. The Good Universities guide in my opinion was not accurate and I decided to not use it in making my decision. Take into account the above factors, because in all honesty they are what ultimately hold the most weight.
I don't think I ever even had a copy.

glache

HSC
N/A
Shadowdude, how is your copy different to what's on the GUG website? I wholeheartedly agree with ArtemisOrthia--that it's a personal decision that's entirely up to you and in most cases you won't go wrong. What employers are looking for is you as a person--do you have communication, teamwork, leadership skills, etc?

Definitely go to the open days, but also go during their O-Weeks if at all possible, and during the semester. Then you'll get a vibe for how the uni is. UNSW O-Week was what made me decide to pick UNSW over USYD (though I did have the advantage of hindsight, having studied at USYD before). Of course it's too premature for me to say life at UNSW is better than USYD--maybe the "fobbiness" will get to me, but at this stage it's looking like it'll trump USYD.

And whatever you do, please don't pick a uni based on its buildings. I know so many people who went to USYD just for the Quad, and the Quad is generally for Arts subjects (but even then classes for many Arts subjects are held all over campus).

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I don't think I ever even had a copy.
Me too. We were offered one at school but I didn't bother. Checked out a friends version briefly and decided I wasn't to keen on making such an important decision based on other peoples opinions. I would rather hard facts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)