good paper? (1 Viewer)

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
yeah it was 400 million for real GDP.
I think the exam paper was pretty good, although I thought they would've tried to really test us by putting in harder essays. The TWI short answers were a nice mix, it was good in the sense that it wasn't just boring old exchange rate but a variant of it (ie the TWI)

AGB

HSC
hey, if heaps of people get a raw mark over 90 in the exam becoz it was slightly easier than previously, duz that mean the those marks will be scaled down in order to minimise the number of people getting a band 6??

i hav heard that on average, about 5-6% of candidates get a band 6, but if more than that earn one will they reduce the numbers??

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
umm it depends on how difficult the examiners/markers think the paper is. So they'll decide on what mark is the minimum required for a band 6, and for those who achieved it they get a band 6. I don't hink they actually limit the number of band 6's. For example 20% of ppl got band 6 in Mathematics last year...

Creator Failure

Yeah the Economics exam was good overall i thought...the q's were pretty general and the essays were broad as...i did Policies on Inflation and used Ireland as a case study for the question on Globalisation and didnt find it taxing at all...compared to the 2002 paper i reckon it was much better

eeyore

i didn't think it was all that great
found the multiple choice a little bit tricky

wog10

pfft they dont play up with reducing number of band 6s becoz of the difficulty of the test. dont forget they attempt to make the test as fair and balanced as possible they dont opinionate on the difficulty of the exam and thus play with ppls marks. thats only the scaling. and even max 3 marks maybe.

numg

HSC
yeap...using a set of guidlines they determine what mark a hypothetical band 6 student will get after learning the course. If you get above this mark, its a band 6, thats it. Not sure as to its UAI scaling though...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)