Good Luck email (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Did anyone else just recieve a good luck email from Sydney Uni?

"Dear Ashlee,

Sydney University wishes you the very best of luck in your HSC. "

Awwww I feel special!

Winston

HSC
how come you got one? lol

awwww i feel excluded :(

did you put ur name down for information for a course?

timmii

sporadic attendee
hehe i remember i was the only one of a whole group of my friends who went on the same enrichment day, to not get one. Felt rather upset about that. :rolleyes: Ironically enough, was the only one who actually ended up at usyd. At a later stage someone from usyd asked me if i got the card...said their database must have stuffed up if i didnt. Don't fuss too much.:p

here's an additional "good luck" just in case ;) :p :D

Argh so soon...but it'll be over and it'll be *more* than good :D enjoy it :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i think its also if you registered with usyd for scholarships too... coz i dun remember giving my email to them any other time...

oh and timmii, you shoulda read my personal statement for scholarship - so sycophantic! :D

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Could they have gotten our email addresses from that survey on P plate drivers?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It can't be the enrichment day, I've never been there in my life. Perhaps it was the scholarships form? Or maybe they got our emails from UAC??

timmii

sporadic attendee
there was a survey on p-plate drivers?

Haha my personal statement was well...lol so funny what i ended up saying. Hmmm dont think it was too good though. My scholarship thankfully didnt rely on the personal statement! :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
"Every morning, as the train pulls into Central railway station, I see two universities: UTS, towering in its form, and, further along Parramatta Road, the sandstone citadel that is the University of Sydney. Your goals should be out of reach, but not out of sight, Anita DeFrantz, the first female vice-president of the International Olympic Committee, once said. To me, such a view is a visual metaphor for the choices I have to make in the next few months: to choose the universities whose UAI cut-offs I can easily achieve, or the University of Sydney, elusive, alluring, within sight, yet uncertain whether within grasp...

...My first contact with the University of Sydney was a year ago, when Ms. Penny Buchanan of the Science Faculty organised last years Student Shadow Scheme, and I had the privilege to attend. The first impression that your University made on me was quite overwhelming, much like the awe of a primary school student who has come to a high school for the first time: for three days, I gazed with wonder at the vast old-school architecture of the Main Building and Quadrangle and soaked up the warmth-and-fuzziness of the university atmosphere. In the end, I knew where I wanted to go.

Over the past year, I have spent more time at Sydney University: the Latin Reading Competition (and subsequent tour of the Nicholson Museum), the Ninth Latin Summer School (held in the Education Building), the Fisher Library (for research for Extension Two English major work research) and Talented Mathematics Students Day are a few examples...

...What I am writing seems to be more about my wanting to go to your great university, my wanting for a great law degree and my wanting to become a successful future barrister or senior law partner, rather than a want for any scholarship; which is true, a scholarship is not the Holy Grail that I seek; for me, meeting the UAI cut-off for Combined Law will be difficult enough. Even if I am not granted a scholarship from the University of Sydney, in my mind, I would have realised my dreams, if you see me in Law at your University next year. Thank you.

:D a little verbose perhaps?
edit: added more of it for winston. :)

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
u should of added that your passionate about it lol, strangely people love hearing about "passion"

timmii

sporadic attendee
Omg Frigid...thats prose...Now I understand what I was up against...sheeeeesh! Forget about the scholarship, they'll be ready to install you as chancellor! ;)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
pigs_can_fly was even more outrageous... he put in latin quotes (without translating, just to look good) :(

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Frigid

edit: added more of it for winston. :)

heh thanks Frigid, you sound like your selling yourself lol

Look it's me Frigid, for you and just for you i'll give you a introductory price of 49.95, that's unbelievable, a great student for under 50 dollars!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
hey, i aint no whore! :p

okay, so any offers from the ladies or similar?

*looks in tib's direction*

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Frigid
hey, i aint no whore! :p

okay, so any offers from the ladies or similar?

*looks in tib's direction*
lol ur so obsessed with her man sheesh lol

hk31

HSC
hmmm....my personal statement was in dot form...

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Seriously, that was your personal statement? Mine was all about how visiting Vietnam made me desire a career in the media in order to expose truths in our society *cough* *frontline* *cough* plus stuff about me being good and all lol

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
where would society be without sycophants? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)