Good Luck All! (1 Viewer)

Stefano

Sexiest Member
HSC
Best of wishes for this years 3unit maths exam. I hope that we all do our personal best.

Get a good night's sleep and be positive. :)

100percent

HSC
thanks, i hope it's not a repeat of 4unit where i didn't get a single bit of sleep.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I can't understand why when you have 2 sets each with an equal amount of elements n and you arrange them around a circle such that they alternate, the amount of permutations possible is n!*(n-1)!. Why not n!^2?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
I can't understand why when you have 2 sets each with an equal amount of elements n and you arrange them around a circle such that they alternate, the amount of permutations possible is n!*(n-1)!. Why not n!^2?
Wow, what a creative way to say 'Good Luck' :p

Good luck all!

Abtari

HSC
sliderule, my understanding is that firstly when u arrange one set around a circle, the elements can be arranged in (n-1)! ways. This is the basic formula for arranging n elements around a circle...

but when u have to arrange the second set of n elements, such that they alternate, the no. of arrangements will be n! and hence total ways = (n-1)! n!

the reason the second time the no. is n! is because there is a 'start' and a 'finish' whereas when we are first arranging the elements around a circle, there is no 'start' or 'finish' and there are n different ways we could obtain the same arrangement...hence the need to divide n! / n = (n-1) !

I hope that makes sense...and is correct

good luck everyone...

yook

HSC
100percent said:
thanks, i hope it's not a repeat of 4unit where i didn't get a single bit of sleep.
same boat!

hope we do much better as well

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
this might make a few people who think they are really dumb at 3unit and think that are going fail, feel better. a friend of mine got a uai of 90.9 last year, he said in his 3unit maths exam, he did not even attempt half his paper, didn't know much and didn't really care that much and ended up getting 37/50 for it(it counted towards his UAI). now idno if that lightened a few people's perspective, but it sure made my day!

rama_v

HSC
Good luck everyone :D
Although we may not all do as well as Slide Rule or KFunk or any other 4 unit person, lets be proud of what we do get, and try our best :)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
acmilan said:
Wow, what a creative way to say 'Good Luck' :p

Good luck all!
Fine. Good luck to everybody who didn't read the announcement above thr stickies. :p

Haku

good luck mina-san

but hope this exam is gonna be easy, cause the 4u and the 3u is kinda hard.

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
I hope y'all do well, especially those who do 4unit :D. I want awesome scaling for the 4unit course.

mrbarlow

HSC
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!
Its time i hit the hay, and you should all do the same.
Remember, don't stress, scaling will save your arse anyway. :D

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Woo! Today's the day. I've been waiting for this day all year! 3u is easily my strongest subject. Good luck everyone :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)