• Yep! Loved my teachers!

Votes: 143 79.9%
  • Uh, hell no.

Votes: 36 20.1%

• Total voters

MarsBarz

HSC
fleepbasding said:
Judging by your attitude, I bet the feeling is mutual.
Yeah how about you shut the fuck up. I would like you to explain to me why you believe that the fact that all my teachers are incompetant losers has to do with my attitude?
Contrary to your evident misjudgement, I am a rather quiet and attentive student. My teachers on the other hand are absolute idiots with terrible teaching abilities. Perhaps you are one of the rare individuals who has had positive relationships with your teachers and have felt that they have fulfilled their duties, that is of giving you knowledge and encouraging your success. I am not one of them.

Guess what, teaching is an easy job and 99.9% of teachers are pathetic at it. Then again, it is a terrible career and deserves no applause. Tons of holidays, easy work, short days, job security ... and they still have the nerves to ask for higher wages?

Yeah ok.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
the following option has been FORGOTtEN!!:D

'ill miss some of em, but there is a god for letting me get rid of my horrible englishj teacher!!" LOL

darkroomgirl

HSC
MarsBarz said:
Guess what, teaching is an easy job and 99.9% of teachers are pathetic at it. Then again, it is a terrible career and deserves no applause. Tons of holidays, easy work, short days, job security ... and they still have the nerves to ask for higher wages?

Yeah ok.
'TEACHING IS AN EASY JOB'?! I suggest you become a teacher for a few days... it'll do you (and your attitude) some good!

MarsBarz

HSC
darkroomgirl said:
'TEACHING IS AN EASY JOB'?! I suggest you become a teacher for a few days... it'll do you (and your attitude) some good!
And why is that you incoherent knob? Can't you just accept that teaching is one of the easiest jobs around? Name a job which requires less responsibility.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
MarsBarz said:
And why is that you incoherent knob? Can't you just accept that teaching is one of the easiest jobs around? Name a job which requires less responsibility.
my job :p
granted i hate my job, but when i leave at the end of the day, that's it. i don't have to do shit until my next shift starts.
i can understand your pov, and there definitely are some teachers in it purely for the extended holidays, but at the same time there are teachers like my mother who work so hard for their students. next year my mother has like 4 or 5 senior classes, how much marking do you think that is? plus so much new stuff to learn etc

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
oh also... there's one i'll definitely miss heeeeeaps but she came out to dinner with me and mum last night anyway
she's moving to tasmania next week tho... hopefully she'll come visit once or twice :)

bugs

yeh i'll miss my english teacher - she was the best
and my italian n ancient history ones
yeh i totally agree-teachers become like 10x more sociable n friendly once ur a senior :)

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
thank you letter

Is anyone going to write/or have written a letter to thank their teacher(s) for everything they have done for you in the past two years (or however long)?

I want to write something to my legal teacher - but I don't know what to write. Any ideas?

elisabeth

HSC
I will, but after the HSC results come out... not gonna do it if mine are shit.

"Dear Miss, thanks for being a brilliant teacher over the year, you've taught us really well... um, yes, I realise I only got <30 in English, but that in no way is a negative mark on your teaching abilities. Love, student"

versus a card thanking a teacher for helping get good results...

Also, if you wait till mid Dec, you can put it in a Chrissie card.

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
elisabeth said:
I will, but after the HSC results come out... not gonna do it if mine are shit.

"Dear Miss, thanks for being a brilliant teacher over the year, you've taught us really well... um, yes, I realise I only got <30 in English, but that in no way is a negative mark on your teaching abilities. Love, student"

versus a card thanking a teacher for helping get good results...

Also, if you wait till mid Dec, you can put it in a Chrissie card.

oh thats a good idea - gives me more time to think about what to write. Though I will still write it even when i get my bad results - there isn't any point blaming him for me being stupid.

adambra

HSC
glycerine said:
my job :p
granted i hate my job, but when i leave at the end of the day, that's it. i don't have to do shit until my next shift starts.
i can understand your pov, and there definitely are some teachers in it purely for the extended holidays, but at the same time there are teachers like my mother who work so hard for their students. next year my mother has like 4 or 5 senior classes, how much marking do you think that is? plus so much new stuff to learn etc
The majority of teachers do next to no work. They whinge about marking, big deal, they take as long as they want to do it! They are accountable to noone, most of them are ignorant of the subjects they teach. I say cut pay to teachers, give it to nurses!

elisabeth

HSC
adambra said:
The majority of teachers do next to no work. They whinge about marking, big deal, they take as long as they want to do it! They are accountable to noone, most of them are ignorant of the subjects they teach. I say cut pay to teachers, give it to nurses!
Accountable to no-one? No, certainly not head teachers or principals or the DET...

And as if you can say with any certainty that the majority of teachers do no work. Maybe your school sucks, but as this thread pretty much show, YOU are in fact in the minority.

Remember all those times when we were swamped by homework? Took frickin ages to do it all? Yeah, multiply that by about 25 (kids per class) and however many classes a teacher has. That's a crapload of marking. I know you love to think it's a bludgy 8:30-3:30 job, but all that marking and lesson planning pushes it WAY over.

... not to mention some of the little shits they have to deal with... *pointed glance at adambra* :rolleyes:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
adambra said:
uhmm what you mean no work, i think that might only apply to your school, cause my one's are great. My english teacher for instance at the start of the term spent her OWN TIME after school explaining where i stuffed up in my exams and she read out the poems in the papers (which were bloody long!) and explained every single technique in it and what i can do to improve answering unseen passages.

Snow_dog

HSC
yeh my teahcers were great! they spent soo much of there spare time typing up info for us.. and making school soo much funner.. made it fun to learn
cept my english teacher he was an absolute ass hated that i got good marks and did nothing.. all he ever did for our class was walk in and said do this or do that.. maybe he would photocopy stuff but thats bout it

MarsBarz

HSC
I go to a top 60 school, so the school is supposedly adequate.
The majority of my teachers however are not.

1. They cannot control the class. They are unable to discipline the louder obnoxious students. This means that other students are distracted and class time is wasted. I have seen teachers yell at particular students all lesson or threaten them with detentions yet disciplinary action is never taken. This is much like the parenting crisis in Australia at the moment. Numerous authority figures are too scared to properly discipline trouble individuals.

2. They rarely set any homework. When they do, they never check it. Thus the majority of students simply do not do it. Again this is a problem of discipline. If the homework is checked and disciplinary action is taken then most students will get the message that after school work requires attention. I hate to admit it but at our age, a lot of us do not have enough self-discipline. We need a kick to the butt every now and then, an incentive to work.

3. They do not set any class tests. There are just end of term exams. Ergo, most students do not keep up to date and tend to cram towards the end of the term. Also the lack of class tests discourages competitiveness amongst students and much needed practice of exam situations which is counter-productive. Increased competition would lead to much more effort.

4. Teachers do not provide adequate assessments of individual's progress. Again, more attention to individual's progress (ie: a few minutes of checking homework) would lead to numerous problems being resolved.

5. Teachers do not have any idea about proper teaching methods. They do not realise that the goal is for their students' to achieve the highest possible marks in exams. Schools aren't success oriented enough. Teachers aren't interested in their students' success. After all, it doesn't matter if their whole class fails. It doesn't affect their working conditions. Which is why so many teachers will 'bludge'. In computing subjects they let the students play games on the computer. In english they read from a textbook or ramble on about nothing. In Maths they give you exercises to do from the textbook. And so on.

Conclusion: Teachers and schools are completely redundant. All that is needed to learn is a good textbook, discipline and motivation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)