Golf (1 Viewer)

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
Does anyone else play golf? If so where are the best decently priced public golf courses located in southern Sydney?

Also does anybody have any tips for playing a good iron shot - i can't seem to get as much loft as i would like?

And lastly what brands sell decent golf sets for less than $500 obviously ruling out stuff like Taylor Made or Maxfli or Callaway?

Thanks in advance

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
Anyone with suggestions please?

Srixon

HSC
gday yeah i play golf but i am not sure of any cheap places to play golf in sydney as i live int he country but as for hitting it higher when u hit your irons u should try to hit it on a decending blow (before the club head starts getting level with the gorund if u know what i mean) as this makes the ball go higher not for woods though woods should be played at the bottome of the swing or for drivier just after u swing up. as for golf clubs u should be able to get a set of wilsons for under 500 should be plenty of golf shops in sydney just ask them what the best deal they can give u for 500 or whatever u want to pay becuase usually they might add someithng in for free which should be pretty good. Also have a look on ebay they sell cheap sets and u could pic up a cheap set there but just look at the feedback before doing this. hopefully this may help a bit

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
Thanks mate for the advice... a hacker like me needs it so much. How long have u played for? Cos ive only played for a month or so and im pretty inconsistent with my hitting - sometimes i ace it and the next shot gets fluffed :(

Srixon

HSC
I have palyed for aobut 4 years. Yeah if u want to get a bit more consistent try going to a pro they might be able to give u a few tips better off doing it now before the flaws are near permanetly lodged (like me). Just keep it up and u should get better over time

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
Cool so i guess u have a real low handicap eh?

What errors are in ur game?

Srixon

HSC
not real low it is only on 14. main errors are consitency just need to swing the club more on plane and try not to let my head drop on the downswing

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
Thanks for the advice thuis far, mate. Yeah, golf ain't as easy as it looks on tv but it is soooo good to play even if u spend more time in thje trees looking for ur ball :headbang:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i play at ashlar, my handicap is/was 5 (2 at one stage) but i dont play often anymore (damn uni), and i havent renewed my membership for 2 years now, it was so cheap for juniors :p ...
i would however recommend buying a quality brand, used set of clubs (ebay, trading postor golf shop/pro shop) for 500 instead of one of them stater sets (thinking used set of pings or callaway x-12 ish, wilsons maybe) ...
with iron shots let the club do the work, dont try and force it in the air, and when your at impact try to look the same as when you were at the start of your swing ...
havent played in south sydney for ages, bonnie doon and st michaels were decent if i remember right ...

Favourite players?
mine is Ernie Els ... makes it look too bloody easy :)

pennypacker

Walking on the moon
HSC
u should try woolaware, cronulla and kogarah - they're in the southern suberbs and all decent courses. But u should consider other courses not just in the south - there are plenty in the north & western suburbs. As for golf sets, just head down to powergolf alexandria or st leonards, and there are plenty of cheap bargains to be found. Good luck in your golfing pursuits!

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
Thanks for the info guys ... i would play every second day if i could but atm i have to save up for membership which costs so bloody much.

Joe Bloe

HSC
I love golf.. My handicap is +14. I only just got that though. I am a member at Beverly Park, which is in Kogarah. Its a very nice course, and relatively cheap. It only costs me $3 for 18 holes, being a member. Junior mind you.
Wooloware is also a nice course, over near Cronulla.
I played at Warringah on Friday, that is a public course, and it is very nice. Very good fairways, and nice greens.
If you are looking for a cheapish set of clubs around or below $500, you can't go past Golden Bear. I use them at the moment, and they do the job fine. Great clubs.
I have seen Maxfli clubs for around $550-$600.. Depends if you want to spend that extra little bit.
Membership does cost a bit, being a junior, its cheap, but i'll soon have to start paying adult membership fee's, so that will be a bit different.

To hit better iron shots, maybe open the face a little more. Also don't try to hit the ball so hard, and just try to do the same swing every time. Once you get a rythm swing, you'll start hitting it much more consistant.

7th Sign

HSC
I only ever play golf when i go to my cousins place who lives in Orange lol theirs like 5 golf courses up their and its only like 5 bucks to play 18 holes and like no ones on them hahahha I went their on boxing day last year and we only saw like 6 people lol. Other then that orange is a shit hole lol.

In sydney I have like never played but I have a few cousins and uncles and stuff who play all the time one of them is in competition golf plays like 18 or 36 holes 5 days a week lol.

As for some cheap clubs maby give ebay a go, some good deals on their.

^___^
HSC
ebay would be a nice play to pick up some decent golf clubs..but as a general ebay rule: always check the buyer's history

hmm, i don't play competitively for clubs, so i don't have an official handicap, but back in highschool, i was given 15 handicapped after 3 rounds of golf..so ya..
now i reckon i am 40

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
Thanks Srixon, Joe Blow and others ive forgotten ... ive realised that i dont open my club face enough to get the loft i'd like...maybe now i can land it on the green first time instead of the rough behind the green :bomb:

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Hi Olsen,

You should check out the courses that have already been mentioned e.g. Woolaware, Kogarah, Cronulla. If you can try playing St. Micks or The Coast.

Ebays always good for 2nd hand golf stuff.

We sell packaged sets for about $400 up. Their not bad, but their not great either.

I'm a member at Cromer, nice golf course, but they've made it too bloody hard for the average golfer. I'm off 5 too.

Hey RUB!X, Woon Joon use to be a member at Ashlar right?

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
@ RiceGrower ... yeah, hes on fire is WJ, he now plays at Concord, he hits it HUGE !!
Cromer is a nice course, i won some junior comp there once :)

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
We had to play Apperly against him. Your not wrong about him hitting it long.

Apparently he drove the 9th at Liverpool! Now thats 380 metres I think!

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
We had to play Apperly against him. Your not wrong about him hitting it long.

Apparently he drove the 9th at Liverpool! Now thats 380 metres I think!

Shit! That's huge :bomb: Almost Happy Gilmore like...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)