Golden Key at USYD? Clubs in general. (1 Viewer)

zhongie

HSC
Anyone heard of this club? And what are the good clubs?

Super Pig

Full time Bludger
HSC
Yes this is an international club. But you won't be able to join until 2nd year. They'll invite the top 15% ppl. But the membership fee cost $80, that scares a lot of ppl off. If you do pay that money you'll get a few things. A ceremony to welcome new members in the great hall, you'll get a certificate. There'll be various activities you can take part in (parties, conference, etc). And you get free access to one of the major online career libraries in the US (Vault). There are scholarship opportunities as well. However most ppl do virtually nothing after they join. You got to go and find out the stuff by yourself.

mrdaviyang

HSC
does anyone know whether the golden key society invites ppl from unsw?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It does. They're a bunch of self-obsessed pricks who think they're so fucking good. They also charge a helluva lot of money to join, money which is better spent on societies like the Sydney Eclectic Composers Society.

Affinity

HSC
well apparently there's one on each of another 21 unis.

Last edited:

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
haha, thats so true! i joined and havent done a single thing since... oh well... For my profession its not that useful, but for others i suppose it would be. I was just so shocked to be invited, and it made me feel special :)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I like the idea of an Honour Society which invites only the remaining 85% of the university population to join.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Mambomeg said:
haha, thats so true! i joined and havent done a single thing since... oh well... For my profession its not that useful, but for others i suppose it would be. I was just so shocked to be invited, and it made me feel special :)
hey meg, i thought u are class of 03???!!

when does the invite got sent out???
i want to see if i got invite... =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)