Gold Duke of ed (1 Viewer)

Jessicaz2910

HSC
I am about to start my Gold Duke of Edinburgh after recently completely silver, and bronze before that.

for areas such as driving, "keeping pets" etc, are parents allowed to be assessors?

Also, must commitments last 1 or more hours EVERY week of the 12 month or average 1 or more hours similar to bronze and silver.

For residential project, one of the ideas was to work in a hospital/care facility. I wondering how I can comply with the requirement of staying away from home?

</pre>

Simorgh

HSC
bump! I want to do my residential project somewhere close by Sydney, but don't get how I am going to fullfill the requirement of staying away from home.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
If you do duke of ed, you could earn only like 5 extra bonus points, not for uni courses like Actuarial studies, medicine and law though

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
If you do duke of ed, you could earn only like 5 extra bonus points, not for uni courses like Actuarial studies, medicine and law though
As if those are the only courses worth studying?

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
lol what is worth studying in your opinion porcupinetree?
Anything that interests you and/or provides you with skills needed to follow a chosen career path.

Whether that be med, law, arts, commerce, a certificate/diploma at TAFE, a tradie apprenticeship, etc. Prestige doesn't determine the worth of a particular course.

tmaccalk

HSC
Hi! I recently completed my Gold Duke of Ed... for your reference- only UNSW gives bonus points for DoE & you must complete it by the 30th of September.

Now, you CANNOT have an immediate family member assessor, and I don't think 'keeping pets' will be approved, see this link for ideas for what to do on each section http://www.dukeofed.com.au/wp-conte...uide-for-Gold-Award-Participants-High-Res.pdf

You can only log 1 hour each week, or 2 hours every fortnight, you can log 1 hour every second week, but it'll take longer. Also, you don't have to 'sleep away from home' for residential project, just doing whatever it is consecutively for 5 days in a row. See checklist http://www.dukeofed.com.au/wp-conte...W-Gold-Award-Checklist-2016-February-2016.pdf

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Simorgh

HSC
Also, you don't have to 'sleep away from home' for residential project, just doing whatever it is consecutively for 5 days in a row. See checklist http://www.dukeofed.com.au/wp-conte...W-Gold-Award-Checklist-2016-February-2016.pdf

Let me know if you have any other questions :)
Oh really that's great, I thought you needed be away from home for 4 nights and 5 days. Anyways what did you do for your residential project then?

Also do you have to do an adventurous journey report for both the Practice and Test hikes?

Basically for finally completing Gold, you need a signatures from all your assessors for each relevant activity like Physical, Skill and Service, Completed Practice and Qualifying Journeys, done the residential project, recorded all your hours and that's it? I am keen on applying for the UNSW Bonus Points scheme, so how long is the approval process? Just worried I won't make it by the deadline in 2017.

Simorgh

HSC
Do study camps count? Does anyone know who organises such camps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)