Going to murder my laptop.. unless someone can help me. (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
My piece of shit laptop is playing up. Its being incredibly slow today, slower than usual. So slow that it took facebook like 1 minute to load and our downloads arent even capped (wtf!??!?!?). And while i type, it keeps freezing up so the letters dont come up even though im still typing, then after about 30 seconds or so all the letters that i type come up (swear on my life that just happened now). I've tried...

- Disconnecting from the wireless network and reconnecting to it
- Using Microsoft Readyboost
- Virus scan to see if i have a virus
- Using different browsers (both as slow as anything)
- Switching users on my computer
- Currently in the process of defragmenting

IT IS DRIVING ME INSANE!!! It cant be just the internet either, because our desktop computer's internet works fine. BUT i guess there could be something wrong with the wireless? or maybe Its just my laptop that is heaps slow (internet and all) ohh and great, its doing the thing where i type but no letters come up, again!!!

SOMEONE please help me out here. thanks

NOTE: i am a noob when it comes to technical computer things, so please keep it simple, unless u dont mind guiding me through something step by step

EDIT: also forgot to say that on youtube, the videos themselves take a normal amount of time to load, its just webpages that fucking take forever

Last edited:

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
oh yeah and if you neeed more details about my computer:

Purchased December 2007

Model: HP Pavilion DV6500 Notebook PC

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz 1.67GHz

RAM: 2046MB (and i added on another 1.3GB with Readyboost)

System Type: 32-bit Operating System

HSC
Uni Grad
My first thought was RAM has fallen out of its slot.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i dont get it... how can it fall out of its slot? the USB ram i added is plugged in properly, and i havent opened up the computer so the other ram would be in there somewhere.

HSC
Uni Grad
It did for my friend, he also had vista, and the part where the screen and the computer connect broke and he sent it off and got a much better one with win7 and stuff lol.

But yeh, he wondered why all his games suddenly stopped working or were slow and it turned out one of his 1gig sticks had fallen out.

EDIT: CCleaner is good, it may or may not fix your problem though.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
hmm funny that... near the part of my computer which connects to the screen (the hinge kind of part), theres a small (but deep) crack in it... :S

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
should get it checked out in case water or something has gotten into it

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
ok so ive actually noticed, the computer itself is average, and its not the net connection thats the problem... its just browsing the web which takes forever to load!!! like i said, when i go on youtube for example the vids themselves load at the normal speed, but going from page to page is extremerly slow. not sure why this is!!!

i use chrome btw. but i tried internet explorer and its the same.

LordPc

HSC
press ctrl + shift + del, go to the performance tab and see see if your computer is running at 100% which would cause some of the crap you are describing. if thats the case you might have some background programs which are slowing you down.

also, did you say that the other programs work fine? ms word? WMP/whatever media program you use? do these all work fine?

if you dont have too much stuff you desperately want to retain on your laptop, then definarely move to Win7. ive yet to hear a good comment about vista

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
press ctrl + shift + del, go to the performance tab and see see if your computer is running at 100% which would cause some of the crap you are describing. if thats the case you might have some background programs which are slowing you down.
Ctrl+alt+del... Also look for processes that are hogging up the system resources.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
everything is working fine today, i dunno why. must of been just yesterday that it decided to play up lol

CPU usage at this moment is like 5%

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
everything is working fine today, i dunno why. must of been just yesterday that it decided to play up lol

CPU usage at this moment is like 5%

Maybe it was angry with you that day. :lol: I had issues with my computer too where I used to get virus on my pc well it was so horrible...

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i have no idea :S

ahh well, its all better now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)