Going to formals solo (1 Viewer)

anarchron

HSC
My formal is in twelve weeks time and I still don't know anyone whom I could ask out.

Question is, has anyone gone to formals by themselves?

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i havent. but heaps of my friends have. its better to go by yourself than invite someone whos just a random and who you hardly know. ive been invited to random peoples formals and its been boring coz i just ran off within 15 minutes to do my own thing.

people wont ditch you because you didnt bring someone. everyone parties on down together.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im assuming the you're at an all boys school?

Cos I went to a coed school and very few people took dates cos there were plenty of the opposite sex there anyway.

HSC
i didnt bring a partner for my formal... many guys dont. those that do usually complain as they have to stay with their partner throughout the night and dont get to do what they want.

jillrikkie

HSC
I agree, solo is better than random people. At my yr 10 formal, my friends boyfriend who was 3 yrs older than us didn't want to be alone, so I ended up going with his mate, and it was a disaster. We didn't get on and it almost ruined the whole night. Goin solo is my objective this year. Plus, going single to a formal is a great way to meet other people, you're not attatched and free to do as you please. Keep us updated

HSC
N/A
Better to go solo. Some of my friends took dates and they hated the night because they felt that their date was dragging them down...they had to stay with one person the whole night, instead of mingling alot.

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
Going by yourself is lame.

Go with a friend, any girl you know is fine. Any random is not fine.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i went by myself to both of my formals. i didnt care..i had so much more fun with my mates than i could with any guy (bf or random). i had a bf in year 12, but he couldnt make it, and i was leaving for bali the next morning anyway.

in year 10 the 2 mates that i went with both brought dates (not bf's)..we didnt stay with them the whole night. in year 12 most of my group didnt bring anyone, so it was cool (only me and 1 other of us had a bf at the time).

dont bother specifically looking for someone to go with you. think of it this way, 1) you save money on the extra ticket, and 2) you can do whatever you want with your mates throughout the night.

hello_world

HSC
i kno alot of guys who go solo to their yr 12 formal cuz they wanna have a good time with their mates

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
anarchron said:
My formal is in twelve weeks time and I still don't know anyone whom I could ask out.

Question is, has anyone gone to formals by themselves?

You make it sound like it's never been done before. I went to both my formals by myself and had the time of my life.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
at my school, i dont think we r allowed to take people from out side the skool ?

Sam.

bored.
HSC
I went to my Year 10 formal by myself and had a ball. That way you're not tied down to just one guy the whole night, and you can hang out with your friends as well. Year 11 we had a Deb so we had to have a partner.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Well in Year 10 I was going to go solo, but in the end I just asked a friend which was okay.

anarchron

HSC
Yeh it's in twelve weeks.

For some really odd reason, people in my school (Melbourne Grammar) seem to think that going to the formal solo is perhaps one of the lamest thing one can do in one's school career.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
You don't need a guy to make you feel beautiful, wanted, "fit in" etc...I'm sure you're far from being in my situation. I went to both formals by myself, I didn't even have friends (I wasn't good at making friends)! I was really very unloved and both were bad - The year 10 one was horrible actually, my ex had two girls sitting next to him and one of them was my best friend and the other one was her friend (His date). He asked both of them to go...and because I had no friends in my grade, I had to sit next to my "bestie" while they flirted (And the whole table was full of her friends). I cried later that night because they got together. The year 12 one was booooorrring as...my crush had been my ex's friend and he came to sit at out table, there were two empty seats on my left and he left a seat between us - Sooo awkward! And he complained that I'd been staring at him when I was in fact, looking past him at the stage...I hardly danced that night either...My highlights for both times were my dresses - They were great. I knew I was the best-dressed "loner" in the room.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
euskadi_warrior said:
i didnt bring a partner for my formal... many guys dont. those that do usually complain as they have to stay with their partner throughout the night and dont get to do what they want.
exactly

thats why i decided not to bring any1 to my yr12 formal

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
You don't need a guy to make you feel beautiful, wanted, "fit in" etc...I'm sure you're far from being in my situation. I went to both formals by myself, I didn't even have friends (I wasn't good at making friends)! I was really very unloved and both were bad - The year 10 one was horrible actually, my ex had two girls sitting next to him and one of them was my best friend and the other one was her friend (His date). He asked both of them to go...and because I had no friends in my grade, I had to sit next to my "bestie" while they flirted (And the whole table was full of her friends). I cried later that night because they got together. The year 12 one was booooorrring as...my crush had been my ex's friend and he came to sit at out table, there were two empty seats on my left and he left a seat between us - Sooo awkward! And he complained that I'd been staring at him when I was in fact, looking past him at the stage...I hardly danced that night either...My highlights for both times were my dresses - They were great. I knew I was the best-dressed "loner" in the room.
haha lol nice story

well i didn't go to my yr 10 formal and i didn't bring anyone to my yr 12 one. It's still fun tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)