going ginger (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I kind of want to experiment with dyeing my hair red but idk if it would suit (or what shade)

My hair is naturally a kind of mid-dark ash blonde (but it's been dyed over a more golden blonde and atm it's a kind of light brownish strawberry blonde type thing). I'm very pale. Hazel eyes.

So with that kind of colouring I reckon it might work but how do I determine what kind of red to get?

Also I have pretty light eyebrows...totally up for breaking out the eyebrow pencil to disguise this but don't want dye anywhere near them tbh if I can help it

This is the closest to what my natural hair looks like that I could find (on the left obviously):

Would post current hair but it doesnt photograph truthfully

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
DON'T DO IT YOURSELF.
I DID.
REGRETTED IT FOREVER.

Whatever you do, make sure you get it done properly by someone with expertise. Don't simply "experiment"

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
I agree with Wixxy, professionally done and I'd approve, backyard job and chances are you'll look like a trash whore. That said, I think you're a good sorta, lovey.

efhat

HSC
I took the risk of going red, and i havent looked back!!
I really love it, and i'm also pretty pale so im sure it would look great on you.
Although i do recommend going to the hairdresser as they will be able to pick the best shade for your complexion.

Redheads are the best :)

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
Definitely agree with professional colour, they'll be able to pick colours that suit you.
I'm pale and dye me hair brown, and when it fades to a red colour it actually looks okay. So dark red would probably complement your skin more than fiery

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah I was thinking something more coppery, like a red-brown (not the fake looking purpleish auburn colour though...meh you know what I mean) than actual like ginger carrot red.

cool. when I get my tax money back I'll head to the hairdresser

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
you would look lovely with sort of strawberry blonde colour like

or even something more orange like

i would avoid anything overly RED as i think it would be too harsh with your colouring and your light eyebrows.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
hm decisions

I don't think I really want anything really blatantly orange looking, I look bad in orange in general so idk if my hair would be any different

But mebbe if I got like a darker version of that second picture, and put my eyebrow pencil to good use it could work

I read something about like blue based reds versus orange based reds and bla bla bla and I have absolutely no idea what any of it meant but I gathered I should be going for a ''blue red'' whatever the heck that means/looks like

I'll let my hairdresser work that bit out tbh

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yes I've had a strawberry blonde colour before, looked pretty nice iirc. might do

I had a kind of almost burgundy wine colour by accident about a month ago...I hated it at first but once it faded off a little it looked good. I was aiming for golden brown which is kind of what it is now. Kind of.

can see blonde roots coming through already so I'll have to decide soon lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)