Go Karts (1 Viewer)

SlipStream

HSC
Has anybody ever been to the Indy800 track at "Butterfly Farm" out near Windsor? Was it any good? A large group of my mates and I are going there next Tuesday (Oct 4). Hope it's worth our money!

Also, has anybody been to Minto Fastlane Go Karts? I go karting too often and spend too much money doing so - I went last weekend. Set a new PB for myself: a 35.9 ... still arguing with my dad over who "won" the day, haha

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
HAHA if only my brother wasnt camping, he'd love this thread. hes a pro at the Minto Fastlane track. HAHA well, i guess only with his group of friends. Ive only been there a few times, not as good as david, but i still enjoy it. The last time i went was when i was about 15, i just lost interest, coz after that i was driving on the road and didnt see the point of driving to go karts, and getting in another little thing, and drive some more. lol.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
i've driven around a track up in newcastle on our friends proper racing go kart. the thing is an animal. i was shitting myself, i was only 16 an i had a ball

a few weeks later he flipped it at high speeds, an gave it away. so he decided to truck race.
but go karting is so much fun, the eastern creek one is good,

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
The Butterfly Farm is alright, theres better tracks out there, though most of them are for serious racing only.. You should give it a go, it's mad fun :)

Eastern Creek is alright if you're not racing, if you're racing then prepare to get taken out (dirty drivers). Newcastle is good, but the track changes too much so there can be 5 tenths difference between sessions even if you don't change anything..

Coffs Harbour is worth a go if you're up that way too.

But if you ever get the chance, jump in a racing kart. They go heaps faster and are way more fun.. 110km/h+ :)

SlipStream

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
HAHA if only my brother wasnt camping, he'd love this thread. hes a pro at the Minto Fastlane track. HAHA well, i guess only with his group of friends. Ive only been there a few times, not as good as david, but i still enjoy it. The last time i went was when i was about 15, i just lost interest, coz after that i was driving on the road and didnt see the point of driving to go karts, and getting in another little thing, and drive some more. lol.
Yeh... wonder what HIS best lap time is haha. I wanna go there with him so I can kick his arse. :p (When does he get back from camping?)

bowman: yeh racing karts are awesome - only been given the opportunity a few times. I nearly bought one a few years back. I ended up keeping my money and buying a 3-cyl Charade... hoorah! I've never been to EC - too expensive and the time we went out there to do some karting there was a 2.5 hour line. :rolleyes:

chelzmalee: so you rate The Butterfly Farm? It sounds suss, but the track is 8m wide - no other track in Sydney can compete with that other than EC. I've never been to Newcastle before, but I take that's the "Go-Karts-Go" place? There used to be a "Go-Karts-Go" place here on the Central Coast out at Bateau Bay, but due to excessive danger factor and rising prices it went bust. I used to live on the North Coast but never went to the Coffs track (Raleigh) - if I still lived up there it'd be a place I'd visit often.

I haven't driven a racing kart in a while (since 2003), and in the same year I got to drive my uncle's Aussie Racing car at Wakefield Park down in Goulburn for a few very scary laps. He might be giving me another run soon, on a more professional level - sometime early next year. Can't wait! (pic below)

Although that wasn't the car I drove; I drove his old FJ-style one:

(It's the one closest to the camera - took me a while to find a pic of it)

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Can you put NOS on a go-kart?

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
rertard^^

man those aussie legends are the fucking bomb
they have a fucking motor bike engine, and the hammer.
i saw them race at oran park. then the winner did doughnuts, i got dizzy, it spun around so quick.
i would give my right arm to have a drive of those things

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
those aussie cars are awesome, id love to have a drive of them.

ive been to eastern creek before, the wait wasnt that long and its a pretty goo track. id love to have a go at it in the 17hp karts (i think its 17hp correct me if im wrong)

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
It's called sarcasm... and yet you thought i was being serious. lol

SlipStream

HSC
Well we went go karting today at Butterfly Farm out at Windsor.

It was a dodgily organised outing, to say the least (I was organiser). First off, I misinterpreted how long it was going to take so we were late (I told DaddyK I'd meet him there at 10.15am; we got there at 11am). About 80% of the way there, got a message from Davo (DaddyK) informing us quite shockingly that we couldn't drive without a booking (unlike Minto Fastlane). We pulled over (there was 7 of us in 3 cars) and discussed for about 20 mins about what to do next... tried to call Dave but there was no reception, so I made the call to continue on our way to this place. We got there, and we talked to the bloke there (a bit of a fuckwit) and he initially said a "2 hour wait", then we asked again a few minutes later and that turned into a 5 hour wait... DaddyK and his crew did the bolt (pleased to meet you finally :), and the damn plovers got me ;)). So our 2 hours of driving looked like a shiny waste of freakin time (and petrol).

Anywho, 7 of us was a little intimidating I reckon, so the guy said he could fit us in at 2pm. We had about 2 hours to burn, so we went back into Windsor and got some Subway. We came back, sat around for about an hour then went in to pay. The cocky bald dude goes "OK, now I need someone 18 to sign right here". Sure, that's easy enough. *looks around* Anybody 18? I count, one.. two... three - seven 17 year olds.

Shit.

The bald guy cited bogus insurance reasons for just about everything (wouldn't surprise me if that was his explanation for the warm Coke). So, me again, I had to go out to this guy in the sitting area with his kids and ask him if he'd sign all these documents for us. We ended up giving him $35 (5 bucks each) for his, err, "hospitality". First session: one of us killed one of his clutches (I had a little chuckle, cos apparently they cost "$600 each"...), and the bald guy got hit in the shin by some person not in our group when they were coming into the pits (bahaha). Second session, the bald guy gave us heaps of "tips" (he was basically telling us it's faster to go slower. Umm, sure, mate), so I went even faster just to spite him. The poor arse place didn't have lap timers (cos of insurance), and we weren't aloud to race each other (cos of insurance), but we raced anyway. I swear our 15 minute sessions were like, 9 minutes...

Then my mate Joe had to work, so we drove home at dumb speeds (I was steering a 2200kg+ Pajero with worn bushes and shocks - bodyroll king - through what seemed to be a giant endless replica of Mt. Akina, for the Initial-D fans). Overall, it was a good day. The track and karts were better than Minto Fastlane (although the long track made it feel heaps quick). But next time, I think I'll be a little more organised...

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Yeah it was a shame wasn't it slip. And also, good to finally meet you. Yeah when we rocked up there the karts looked really dodgy and slow and we were questioning wheather it was worth 50 bucks. We definately have to go to picton karts next time mate, it will be a long drive for you lol, but it is worth it. Also, could those karts even go sideways?

SlipStream

HSC
DaddyK said:
Yeah it was a shame wasn't it slip. And also, good to finally meet you. Yeah when we rocked up there the karts looked really dodgy and slow and we were questioning wheather it was worth 50 bucks. We definately have to go to picton karts next time mate, it will be a long drive for you lol, but it is worth it. Also, could those karts even go sideways?
Yeh I thought they were better than the Minto karts, although probably about the same speed, but the track was bigger so you could wind them out a lot more. Yeh the karts would go sideways when provoked. AND... Picton karts are really that good?

oh2sxc

HSC
i used to race go karts professionally sponsored the whole lot - biggest waste of 5 years of my life lol the amount of money involved with such a small sport is stupid - sure it was fun but i look back on it now and wish i played croquet or something :)

oh2sxc

HSC
INXS said:
Can you put NOS on a go-kart?
you can put NOS in anything provided it has the shafts required. NOS is very complicated in how it works, but in this months FHM they put NOS on a motorbike and explain how it works. NOS can be placed in anything provided the right equipment is available. I could go on and on about how it works but all you pretty much care about is that it doubles the horespower when placed inside the engine and makes the thing its strapped to fcken fly!

oh2sxc

HSC
hehe i had to install this system and the guy came to me with 2 bottles, spray painted them perfectly and placed the nos sticker on them and turned them into sub boxes.. look so sick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)