Go>>> Books at Newtown! yaya (1 Viewer)

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
OMG! Why did i not discover it earlier? It has about 4 second bookstores, just walk up and down either side of the main road. I reccomend it to anyone with out that much money too. AND the books are VERY well organised and in mostly in very good condition! Im so happy, i found a beautiful hard cover of Candide - FOLIO SOCIETY EDITION! - for only $12. It had gold edges around the paper, nice double spaces, smelt pretty booky ( dont you just love that smell?) and ribbony bkmark thingy. Im so happy.

Go now. Then share your buying stories!

Dont you think there is nothing better than finding a book that youve been dying to read for ages? :D :D

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by veanz
OMG! Why did i not discover it earlier? It has about 4 second bookstores, just walk up and down either side of the main road. I reccomend it to anyone with out that much money too. AND the books are VERY well organised and in mostly in very good condition! Im so happy, i found a beautiful hard cover of Candide - FOLIO SOCIETY EDITION! - for only $12. It had gold edges around the paper, nice double spaces, smelt pretty booky ( dont you just love that smell?) and ribbony bkmark thingy. Im so happy.

Go now. Then share your buying stories!

Dont you think there is nothing better than finding a book that youve been dying to read for ages? :D :D
Newtown is indeed one of the places to be for book-acquiring. :p

Last time I was in there, managed to pick up some books I've been after for ages, for low prices..These included;

Thomas Pynchon-Gravity's Rainbow.
Tom Stoppard-Rosencrantz & Guildestern (Perhaps not too hard to find, but usually expensive..)
Anton Chekhov-A Chekhov Omnibus.

Best of the bookshops I went to there was Elizabeth's.. Good stuff, and some of my Christmas presents (Don't know what books yet) are going to be from there. :)

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Yeah, Elizabeths is the best.

I love how NT is cosmopolitan. And not so conciously 'trendy' as say something like bondi.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Sweet, have the be checking this place out. Love the cheap stuff :D

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I went to King St in Newtown for an hour to get dinner... seemed cool. Except everything in the city is so "dirty" compared to towns out here... here everything is much cleaner.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeha newton is def one of my fav place for books.... i have often found realli old books that are realli hard to get (esp philsophy ones and ancient literature) at realli good prices... the bookstores are so big... u relali need lots of time to pic out the books...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)