Globalisation Assignment...? (1 Viewer)

mandalay

cortigiana onesta
HSC
I was wondering if anyone here has done an assignment for economics on:

'examine the impact of the globalisation process on economic growth and the quality of life for a country other than Australia'

thanks! :)

Rorix

HSC
uh

is this even in the syllabus
are you from queensland or something

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
rorix..what are you on about? It's the case study....unless you're sarcasm didnt come off as well as it was supposed to.

Anyway, it might help if you told us what country you were thinking of researching....

mandalay

cortigiana onesta
HSC
Hey Sarah :)

Haven't seen you around since the Mrs Dalloway/The Hours stuff. How've you been?

I'm not really picky in regards to the country I'll be doing. I was just hoping someone had already done a similar assignment and could pass it down to me lol

It seemed like a very broad question so I look a shot :p

derrida

Old Hack
HSC
you could try showing the effect of whats happend in mexico.

in short

mexico pre- regan administration pretty decent economy (look up figures whereever)

then freetrade agreement established.

then boarders militarised.

this free trade agreement while apparently being "globalisation" is not, when you consider people are not allowed to freely cross the boarder.

the mexican economy goes down, american capital and foreign invest ment gets out... mexican economy crashes THEN american capital gets in, factories move there cause its cheaper.

American Economy ultimatly benefits. This is "Globalisation". (allthough not globalisation by Adam Smiths standards, adam smith said to have free trade you first and foremost must allow free passage of people, the reality is more people crossed boarders in the first half of the century than the latter half)

any way this is all very vague but i forget the statistics and shit. I hate the word "globalisation". Globalisation as we say it means investor rights globalisation when in reality it should mean no boarders. Reality is people are more stingy bout boarders now then ever, and investors in first world countries benefit from lack of people mooving, but increased amount of capital flowing across boarders.

The us mexico free trade agreement shows how the firstworld is getting richer and the poor poorer. Shows how we live of their backs.

Any way ive blabed enough now. Im dong economics at univesity for this reason, to change this fucked uperd ness.

Rorix

HSC
Sarah168 said:
rorix..what are you on about? It's the case study....unless you're sarcasm didnt come off as well as it was supposed to.

Anyway, it might help if you told us what country you were thinking of researching....

uh...case study????

is that like looking at a briefcase or something

what does that have to do with eco

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Rorix said:
uh...case study????

is that like looking at a briefcase or something

what does that have to do with eco
Economists use brief cases.

idiot.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Rorix said:
oh i see

my bad:(
Its ok, I didnt expect anything else from you really.

My one problem is, that a case study sounds to me to be rather long. Brief cases are well.

Kind of brief :(

mandalay

cortigiana onesta
HSC
where can i find articles and recent statistics on mexico's globalisation?

mandalay

cortigiana onesta
HSC
hey thanks sooooooooooo much for the websites!!! :)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
nb: rorix is banned now

i've got an in-class essay for this globalisation, i'm going to use the question as practice for my case study on china.. thanks!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)