Global Question Interpretations (1 Viewer)

Ace-Of-Spades

HSC
I dont understand what these questions are asking:

2002: Catholic Trial - 27. i)
With reference to global business(es), explain how the goals of finacial management are affected by global trading. Describing specific financial influences, evaluate the effectivness with which the business(es) managed global finaces.
2002: Catholic Trial - 27. ii)
With refrence to global business(es), describe the effect of different rates of market growth on manager's capacity to achieve financial goals. Referring to specific financial influences analyse the financial managment stratagies applied by the business(es) in pursuit of goals.
2004: HSC - 27. i)
Describe the role of financial planning, and evaluate the effectiveness of financial strategies
used in managing global business.
2004: HSC - 27. ii)
Describe the methods of international business
sources of funds to finance global expansion.
This is the question you must have a case study right, eg Qantas?
But what exactly is the question asking, i dont understand.

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
2002: Catholic Trial - 27. i)
With reference to global business(es), explain how the goals of finacial management are affected by global trading. Describing specific financial influences, evaluate the effectivness with which the business(es) managed global finaces.
Goals of financial management:
Profitability, Liquidity, Growth, Return on Captial, Efficiency -> How are these affected by global trading? That opens up a vast array of potential topics, including overseas competition. checking this ..

Financial Influences:
Eurocurrencies, International Bond Market, Overseas Borrowing, Interest rates etc.. -> how has the business in question handled these influences through financial management (eg: methods of payment, credit risks) .. i guess an obvious one here is overseas borrowing -> Hedging/Dereritive

2004: HSC - 27. i)
Describe the role of financial planning, and evaluate the effectiveness of financial strategies
used in managing global business.
Role of financial management
-What is Financial management, Role Of financial management (eg: cater for changes in financial innovation, technology, taxation)
-Objectives of Financial Management
-Financial Planning Cycle Checking this ..

Financial Strategies used in Global Business
-Methods of Payment (eg: open account, documentary colelction, letter of credit, advance payment)
-Credit Risks
-Obtaining Finance

2004: HSC - 27. ii)
Describe the methods of international business
sources of funds to finance global expansion.
Methods Of International Expansion
Export (Direct/Indirect), Licencing/Franchising, Management Contract, FDI (Wholly owned subsidiary, Joint Venture, Startegic Alliance), Relocation of Production

Source of Funds to Finance
EFIC, international capital market, international factoring ... in company with the usual sources.

Now, to answer the final question .. *YES*!! you need to include at least 1 case study in Section 4.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)