Global Financial Crisis (1 Viewer)

zstar

HSC
N/A
The Australian public suffers from a similar debt crisis.

I think it's safe to say that most people are deeper and deeper in debt, The government lies to you and says that you're wealthier and better off. In reality this is nothing but propaganda and doesn't reflect the true state.

NSW for instance is facing a fiscal crisis and lots of people are struggling everyday to pay off their bills, taxes, mortgages etc.

Although nowhere near as endemic as the U.S this country is will face a similar crisis in the near future unless fundamental changes are made.

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
US debt clock runs out of digits said:
The US government's debts have ballooned so badly the National Debt Clock in New York has run out of digits to record the spiralling figure.
The digital counter marks the national debt level, but when that passed the $10 trillion point last month, the sign could not display the full amount.
The board was erected to highlight the $2.7 trillion level of debt in 1989.
The clock's owners say two more zeros will be added, allowing the clock to record a quadrillion dollars of debt.
Douglas Durst, son of the late Seymour Durst - the clock's inventor - hopes to replace the Manhattan clock with its lengthier replacement early next year.
For the time being, the Times Square counter's electronic dollar sign has been replaced with the extra digit required.
For its part, the digital dollar symbol has been supplanted by a cheaper version - perhaps a sign of the times for the American economy.
Some economists believe the $700bn bail-out plan for ailing US financial institutions could send the national debt level to $11 trillion.
-Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7660409.stm

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hey so how about the fed pumping upwards of 500 bn of easy credit into the US markets per week hey.

Lol sup inflation. Double fucking the poor.

Bailout passage was retarded 'omg it'll fix things'. No it will not not not. Nothing's safe, not even the blue chips. Money to gold baby, money to gold or the USD for now or to the fuckin Euro amirite.

HSC
Under the bed! Under the bed!

Can someone please explain to by economics addled brain, why interest rates are going down? Aren't the banks wanting to get more deposits in because they've lent too much and too riskily? And shouldn't interest rates go up if ppl want more funds to be saved?

Your friend, Mr non-Economist.

HSC
Silver Persian said:
Can someone please explain to by economics addled brain, why interest rates are going down? Aren't the banks wanting to get more deposits in because they've lent too much and too riskily? And shouldn't interest rates go up if ppl want more funds to be saved?

Your friend, Mr non-Economist.
i've been following the crisis despite a lack of knowledge about economics... and i think it's because lower interest rates = less interest to pay on credit cards / mortgages = more disposable income, more consumer spending which promotes confidence, growth etc might be wrong though.

Last edited:

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Lower interest rates mean people borrow more and we don't go into a recession.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
What an utterly horrid financial system we live in. A complete failure of society. I really dont know whether to laugh or cry.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
bigboyjames said:
What an utterly horrid financial system we live in. A complete failure of society. I really dont know whether to laugh or cry.
Yeah, it's too sickeningly regulated. Outlaw the central banks, outlaw regulation and let the shit sort itself out.

HSC
*waits patiently for Comrade Gillard to smite the capitalist pigdog Rudd and seize the means of production*

slickstar_01

Banned
HSC
what pisses me off is the fact that like bailout package is like "welfare" for the rich. Its a total joke.

privatizing the profit
socializing the risk

The populous of the world should be in outrage. This whole bailout plan should not be accepted by any society.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
slickstar_01 said:
what pisses me off is the fact that like bailout package is like "welfare" for the rich. Its a total joke.

privatizing the profit
socializing the risk

The populous of the world should be in outrage. This whole bailout plan should not be accepted by any society.
Thank YOU sir SLICK star!

HalcyonSky

HSC
looking forward to tonights starting bell

i want to see chaos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)