• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Global business report (1 Viewer)

Blue View

HSC
Hey ppl, I've been given this report to write for global business that i'm having trouble trying to understand. It reads:

"You are to present a report that details the opportunities that are available to businesses that may be thinking of expanding to China. You must also give an example of a business that is already competing in the Chinese market and explain how it deals with some of the issues that can hinder global expansion."

I'm trying to figure out what the issues that hinder global expansion are! Are they the specific influences or just a general list of things?

I was thinking about doing BHP as the business and i can't really figure out what to say for the specific issues, etc.

Any ideas?

m.c.moey

Purple's a fruit
HSC
Financial issues:
Currency Fluctuation: Exchange rates going up and down might give losses
Interest Rates: High interests rates and low affect investors

Marketing issues:
Global Branding: their image
Market Research: Asian market.. harder to do primary/secondary research as youd be foregin..
Differentiation/standardisation: according to market research

E.R
Staffing: Ethnocentric, geocentric polycentric.. adv. disadv.
Minimum standards of labour

Just talk about issues and evaluate everything thorougly that should give you marks.. whatever business you choose then just look throrougly into it and look at issues that its faced.. try qantas there's alot of info out there on it

Blue View

HSC
Thanks guys! Your ideas have helped heaps!

Just one more question - does anyone know about Qantas's business situation in China? If not does anyone know where I could find this information out??

m.c.moey

Purple's a fruit
HSC
Do you have the qantas case study textbook thingy? Your school might have it..

From memory they've started new code sharing in asia .. i think to china
umm.. They have derivatives on fuel to save heaps of money.. 11 million in 2001 from memory
Strategic alliances - one world alliance
Global branding" they got the same brand logo of the kangaroo all across the world and one world tickets have the logo on them
Social cultural: they use asian staff on planes or asian speaking staff.. and all staff have training of asian culture to make service easier..
Theres alot more thats just of the top of my head

Blue View

HSC
Yeah i think my school might have the case study booklet so I might have a look at it! Thanks for all your help, you have assisted me greatly and I really appreciate it!!

tina90

HSC
hell0000 it sayss u were finkin of doin BHP for the global business if u stil have the infoo culdd u send me itt thankyou :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)