Glass Bottles in Rooms (1 Viewer)

dezzy

HSC
Hey guys, i just read that there is NO glass bottles to be taken into your rooms while on schoolies (gold coast).

Is it just me or does this really suck? Me and my friends had it planned to go and buy our alcohol, drink be4 we go out to save money, and yes- most alcohol comes in glass bottles!

I think this calls for a bit of smuggling...

Any ideas on how to get past the front reception without getting caught?

I'm thinking when we go and buy food we should go to the bottle shop, buy what we need and hide them in with the food. They wouldnt check our bags would they?

*squimmy*

HSC
ive heard that while schoolies is on, alot of bottle shops up there seel most stuff that comes in glass in plastic just for schoolies. i dont know if its true but sounds worth lookin in to. u could probs smuggle pretty easy. or just drink cans. another alternative is to keep em in an esky in the car. this would probs work if u had a place with undercover parking, and just stock up the ice every day or whatever. i am daunted by the same prob, do u have any other ideas?

dezzy

HSC
oh really? i hope they do replace them with plastic bottles...that would be so much better.

I was thinking about the undercover car park thing. I'm flying up, so i wont have a car there but obviously we still payed for the car space, so i was thinking if we went in through the car park, and then to the apartment that way...but i suppose it depends on the setup of the hotel.

hmm...i wonder....

I guess we'll just have to wait n see when we get up there.

*mad caddies*

-slumming it-
HSC
Most of the bottle shops sell a fair mix of alcohol in cans (like udls, smirnoff double black, beer, red bear etc), as well as the smaller smirnoff in plastic bottles, so there's enough of a variety for you to survive without having to smuggle any in. We were lucky in that our hotel owners/managers were the biggest champs in the world- they let us have visitors at any time, parties at any time, all sorts of alcohol (including glass bottles), & just a top time in general. I'll give you the hot tip though, make sure you go to the bottle shop next to the pit stop convenience store on the gold coast highway...it's a little ripper!

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
out hotel didn't allow glass bottles
but we changed the bottles before we went in
or we took them in a bag that wasn't see through
and had clothes we brought covering them
but our hotel wasn't heaps strict...

HSC
yeah, our place said in the house rules on the schoolies site that you couldnt take glass in, but then when we got there they said you could have glass in the room, but not near the pool area.

Bobcat

HSC
Our hotel didnt care at all....they even gave a random room inspection, and found our 100+ bottles on top of the fridge, and all they said was 'make sure u get it cleaned up'

S

Shuter

Our's (Surfers Royale), didn't particually want them I tihnk but if you just walked in with it in a plastic bag they rarely cared or noticed. Breakfree Longbeach diagonal from us was quite a bit stricter though, and you could sneak it in in a bag, but theydid a random room inspection and found a bottle and confiscated it and took it down to the front desk. However they were happy to give it back and let you transfer it into a plastic bottle.

~~Jess~~

HSC
ours didnt care if we had glass bottles in our room either, though we weren't allowed to have them down at the pool. we also had a really cool manager person and a cool security guard who let us have any visitors we wanted and knew pples names and that, and he even had dinner with our friends one night

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
Why did you let them take it off you? Or even allow them entry to your room? You people are tools. And room inspections? C'mon...

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
lol same there were meant to be room inspections the place i was staying

plus when we left glass bottles in the bin outside the room they didnt say anything

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
haha reminds me of some mates last year who couldnt get in the front entrance with glass bottles, so they tried climbing over the back fence, but one guy dropped the bag, and smashed the bottles.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
its pathetic the place i stayed had a bar with the restaurant and theyd let u take the bottles back to ur room- they didnt take it seriously at all

its only to avoid legal responsibility if someone hurts themself while drinking or on broken glass- cause their like we told them no bottles

helloyo

oh well, you'll just have to hit the cans like you should be! just kidding, i'm just currently in a phase where i don't like much other then beer. and with my cheap friends its usually a block of 30 cans...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)