Give it to me straight. (1 Viewer)

AndrewJohn1995

HSC
School Cert is on Monday and I have studied somewhat. I know things and I can do my Maths, Science and English pretty well. The only problems I will probably have is Geography and History. I must ask, how important is the School Cert? My mum in particular is making a huge fuss over it and my dad plays along. I don't think of it as anything more than a test to get into an apprenticeship/TAFE which I do not want to do. I want to get to Med School so would this affect it in anyway?

Sincerely, random teenager who only wants to care when in senior years.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I believe it was Drew Carey who once said, "Welcome to 'Whose Line is it Anyway?', the show where everything's made up and the points don't matter - that's right, the points are like... the School Certificate."

Last edited:

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
I didn't open a book for SC, got Band 4's didnt give a fuck. Started to try in year 11 and 12 when it MATTERED and hoping for 90+

Coookies

HSC
If it was important, they wouldn't get rid of it.

HSC
most pointless thing in the world, did no study got all band 5s and 6s

you'll be all g man no need to fuss

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Hard to get less then band 5s if you paid a bit of attention in class, have good exam technique and cram the night before haha.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Only important if you don't plan on going on to Year 11. Otherwise it's completely useless. I don't even remember my marks. I don't even remember when I put my damn certificate.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Only important if you don't plan on going on to Year 11. Otherwise it's completely useless. I don't even remember my marks. I don't even remember when I put my damn certificate.
Even then, if you arent going on to year 11 the kind of jobs you can get im guessing the employers aren't going to be too worried about the marks you are getting.

I didn't open a book for SC, got Band 4's didnt give a fuck. Started to try in year 11 and 12 when it MATTERED and hoping for 90+
Lol awkward, i was just reminiscing by reading old posts from during school certificate and recognised your name here =P Nice trolling back then i guess haha?
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=227938&p=4759807&viewfull=1#post4759807

Last edited:

imaspy

HSC
So does SC's matter if your not going to year 11 but to college?

AndrewJohn1995

HSC
I will give it a Sunday's worth but that's all. I don't want to look bad infront of my friends, that is seriously all I care about xD

dionb2014

HSC
It will be easy, Don't stress and just do your best. You can't really do better than your best and equally you shouldn't deliberately not do your best. Not really important though.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
School Cert is on Monday and I have studied somewhat. I know things and I can do my Maths, Science and English pretty well. The only problems I will probably have is Geography and History. I must ask, how important is the School Cert? My mum in particular is making a huge fuss over it and my dad plays along. I don't think of it as anything more than a test to get into an apprenticeship/TAFE which I do not want to do. I want to get to Med School so would this affect it in anyway?

Sincerely, random teenager who only wants to care when in senior years.
You're in the same boat as me !

Science + Math + English = Whatever
Geo + Hist = DOOM

Parents are making a fuss, ugh.

I'm a random who wants to care in her senior years too !

xAlan

HSC
lols SC was easy breezy. Studied like a week before exams, ended up with all high band 5's except of course GEOGRAPHY, got a crappy 76 haha. If you're going to uni, SC is not a big deal.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
How is everyone dreading Geo and History, they were the easiest two papers if we're not including computing (trolololo at computing). Honestly my geo test was so vague you could have written about basically anything to scrape some marks.

I did a tinsy bit of revision before SC not much because I got back from Melb at like 12 AM the day of the English exam haha. (Great exam prep there going in there tired and with no prep). But guess what, all twas swell. My marks ranged from 86-98 and all the older kids told the truth when it was super easy.

Don't study, have a lovely weekend playing COD or something, and then enjoy the bludgiest schooling of your life where most people aren't there doing *cough work exp* and a lovely long summer break.

1981Grant

HSC
If you're planning to continue to the HSC the sc means nothing. My principal even admitted it afterwards. "Now that you've finished the school certificate, I can now tell you that it means nothing, the hsc, however, ..."

AndrewJohn1995

HSC
First day in, Science and English... I think I did well at them. I am not worried about tomorrow's maths but atm I am trying to cram in SOME knowledge of History and Geography...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)