Give country schools a fair go! (1 Viewer)

tegs

Ok, for all the Sydney people who aren't aware of this:
I just found out that the shortlisting has all already happened. The markers havn't even come to our school yet for itinerant marking.
Last year my friend missed out cos the markers came 2 days before the final selection for art express came in and she couldn't get her works to sydney in time to be selected. They were brilliant and should have gotten in, but because she couldn't get them there in time, she didn't have a chance.
How is this fair?
Couldn't they possibly get more markers, and send them out here a tad sooner?

randomchild

yeah that does sound really slack of them!! just outa interest where bouts u from?....does most country schools get their art mark actually at school...or is there like another centre closer than sydney where u can send them to get marked??
im from syd & some of ours got marked at school...and some went to the marking centre..

still ill

that's really awful tegs, so unfair and bias
i'm in the country too and i'm not sure if my classes works have been marked yet, i'll find out monday
mine was sent to sydney so i know i haven't been shortlisted, but a few of my friends stand a chance and it'll be really disapointing if they haven't been marked yet and have no oppertunity for selection

mememe

Yeah ours aren't marked, they're sitting in the art room collecting dust.

guy

HSC
my classes is yet to be marked i think but i sent mine away because it had multimedia elements (mostly drawings), could be lucky i did that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)