Give an example of a political influence on law. (1 Viewer)

SimonLee13

HSC
This question is confusing me, in the textbooks I have it says that it is just how the government makes and enforces laws. Can somebody give me a clear/distinct political influence on law?

Scissors

HSC
like, before an election the government may choose to persue a certain agenda in order to attract votes.

e.g. lowering taxes just before an election in order to be voted in for an extra term.

Matt Palmer

TV Watcher
HSC
The issue of global warming and climate change is a polarizing one. Some people believe that the apocalypse is upon us while others think that is just cyclical weather patterns over the course of the earth's life cycle. If the people that believe the former (apocolypse) get into government (peter garret) then they will do everything in their political power to introduce new laws to reduce carbon emmissions etc. While those that believe the latter (cyclical nature) dont want to make new laws and increase costs for big businesses (liberal party/john howard). Politics has an extremley big part in law making, after all it is the parliaments where statutes are created.

Last edited:

lcx

HSC
political influences are simply those that affect a new law or an amendment which move to favorable to voters. e.g. anti-smoking laws which the majority of socitey supports = law passes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)