Girraween High School Entry Yr11 (1 Viewer)

wow!

HSC
N/A
Hey, I'm applying for yr11 entry into Girraween High School for next year. Anyone got any tips? Coz I really wanna get in. How hard is it to get in tho? I'd appreciate any info at all. I currently go to a comprehensive school.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
hey there...

as with any entrance into a selective school, make sure that you do well in competitions, and try ur hardest to get good results in this years report especially... i don't know what girraween high would look for, but im assuming that they take preference from schools in the west perhaps. what school are u from?

these awards u get from any of those maths, science, english competitions and any other achievemens that you have had, be sure to collect them all together from the past 4years of ur studies and with the reports from ur school will give Girraween High an indication of whether or not u have got what it takes.. ;)

dont worry, haha, im sure u'll do great!!

good luck! :)

wow!

HSC
N/A
Hey thx 4 replying. I was also wondering whether writing an essay or letter outlining why I wanted to go to Girraween would help me?

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
wow! said:
Hey thx 4 replying. I was also wondering whether writing an essay or letter outlining why I wanted to go to Girraween would help me?
no worries...

hmm, i really doubt that would have any effect :( Otherwise if everyone did something like that it'll take the poor old principal or whoever decides who to accept yeeeeears to go through all the applications. haha!

be sure to shout out if u have any more questions! :)

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Since selective school is academically orientated, so i guess it's your academic results that counts at the end.

Black Hawker

HSC
I tried out for Year 9 the year before and I got in. Not into Girraween, but another selective school. I gave 4 years report, all my certificates and a letter explaining what I have done ie. extra curriculum etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)