girls with opinions... (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
stollmann said:
Well it just seems like that is all girls talk about...and i am not an unsocial nerd who sits in front of the computer all day. It just seems like everything we talk about ar parties or when we are in groups is completely useless and boring stuff....what do u talk about then??
try bringing up something different to talk about then. it's easy to talk about useless crap, people don't need to think before talking and it doesn't cause them to get worked up or worry about important things, of course people will take the easy way out. if you tried a more serious conversation with someone who is comfortable with you, i'm sure they will take part.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Exactly, no one is going to talk to you about the post-modern condition or the after-effects of a metaphysics discussion straight off the bat.

stollmann

HSC
personally if i was the girl of your dreams

i wouldnt want to be with someone as sheltered as you.
What do you mean with sheltered?

You're an idiot. That's my opinion.
How about backing up that opinion? Opinions without supporting evidence are useless.

although the reason why you havent found what you are so desperately looking for is that no copious amount of intelligence or abundant wealth of experience could excuse the kind of arrogant attitude you show towards other people (in particular women), and arrogance is one of the ugliest characteristics in a man, an instant turn-off for me.
I am not arrogant. People sometimes consider me quite politically-uncorrect, because I talk frankly and to the point without trying to make things sound better or worse than they are. Although the latter is hard sometimes since it is sometimes hard to attract attention without exaggeration. I thing that it is that frank tone that makes you think that I am arrogant. I will truly say that I don't consider myself arrrogant, but very frank, which can be easily confused with arrogance I fear.

I bet he has a small penis, thats why he wants to talk rather than mindless sekzing!
Would you please enlighten me as to the purpose of that post?:confused:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
AntiHyper said:
Oh yuck, not just a man! she looks like a man that dresses and wears make-ups like a woman.
Quickly although going off topic againnnnnn: TRANSVESTITE! ..or just Russian (sorry j/k)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
stollmann said:
Would you please enlighten me as to the purpose of that post?:confused:
What do you want us to tell you? Oh you're a great guy, its just girls are all afraid of your mighty grasp of the Elvish language?

Perhaps you could go talk to stellah8chang she's looking for someone who knows latin.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
nah man i agree with u. im a girl . and all girls talk shit... (besides me)

... well not really. tru, u cud get them one on one .. mite help. or they mite not like you. in which case they wont wana b anywhere near u , let alone talking about the spiritual meaning to life.
but iv become closer to my guy friends, coz i ddont connect to the girls talking about boys, the camping trip they're SOO excited about goin on wiht their bf, their new clothes, shopping, wat some other 'bitch' did. wat some girl did with some guy. how theyv put on weight..so on..
...um wat wer we talking about? .. yeh iv made my point.

you are all individual
-we are all individual
you are all unique
-we are all unique
--im not
-shhh

stollmann

HSC
What do you want us to tell you? Oh you're a great guy, its just girls are all afraid of your mighty grasp of the Elvish language?

Perhaps you could go talk to stellah8chang she's looking for someone who knows latin.
I don't want you to tell me anything unless its an intelligent comment or constructive criticism. Everything you say does not have any conversational value, as in it does not add to the discussion in a positive way. Your arguments are all ad hominem (attacking an opponent's character rather than the position they maintain). These are totally useless as this discussion is not about me, but rather about the issue I raised.

To clear things up: the issue is that, in my opinion, girls (and boys as well as a matter of fact) do not show their true interests as they are caught in the vicious circle of social (or peer) pressure.

Why would a girl be afraid of my "mighty grasp of the" english language? (I guess that with elvish you mean good english, otherwise what is it?) Not that I think I have a total grasp of the enligsh language...

nah man i agree with u. im a girl . and all girls talk shit... (besides me)
Are you being serious or just sarcastic? Not that I think your are being sarcastic, but just making sure...

Carnivour

HSC
stollmann said:
To clear things up: the issue is that, in my opinion, girls (and boys as well as a matter of fact) do not show their true interests as they are caught in the vicious circle of social (or peer) pressure.
i think thats a bit pressumptious. if by interests you mean philosophy, politics, etc then people who are truly interested in such topics would be willing to share their views and opinions. honestly, ive met plenty such people and most of them arent preoccupied by peer pressure because they realise how insignificant such matters are. i think it just comes down to the fact you've been hanging around the wrong kind of people for your kind of interests.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
So what exactly are we trying to figure out here?

You're inability to find a girl who can hold up a conversation? Lets make one thing clear, there are plenty of girls out there who can hold conversations and i've met many who would knock the socks off me in terms of intellectual matter. As I stated, this thread sounds more like "wah wah wah, im a loser, wah wah wah" If you can't find the right girl, then perhaps you're looking in the wrong place.

I stated previously, that no one is going to immediately go into deep and meaningfuls or life-changing discussions with you, in the majority of times, and yes because of the way social interactions work. Does this mean that there all girls are mindless Malibu Stacey dolls? Unlikely. So quit ya whining.

Don't go all "ad hominem" on me, you posted about a 'personal' issue in a forum entitled Love & Relationships. And lighten up, idiot.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
stollmann said:
Why is it so hard to find a really smart girl with an own opinion and something other to talk about then: bratt pitt's six pack, the last pussy cat dolls concert or just (stupid and useless) gossip...

I wish there were some girls who were interested in the really important things of life...they don't seem to exist...at least I haven't seen one yet!!!

Not all girls are like this, just the hot ones.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Egronk said:
Not all girls are like this, just the hot ones.
There are always exceptions, but in general I guess I can't disagree with that. Hahahah.

As for threadstarter: You're either approaching wrong, or you're looking at the wrong place. And you're still a freakin' high schooler. Try uni chicks. My high school was full of superficial bimbos like you described.

HSC
N/A
I agree with Stollmann.
A lot of girls do not let their true colours shine through. Some girls believe that acting in a vacuous way intrigues and lures guys into a relationship-whether it be for one day or many years. Other women believe that some guys are not interested in politics, philosophy etc and thus tend to converse in common conversation including pop icons, movie stars etc.
I usually go around masquerading as a stupid dumb brunette as i find that many guys my age are not interested in politics and other such issues pertaining to common intelligence. Another reason i mask my intelligence is due to the fact that many guys get intimidated by intelligent and perspicacious women which consequently ends up with the guy calling the woman an "educated snob" or a "pontificating pompous know-it-all".
Stollmann is not saying that all women talk about the pussycat dolls or brad pitt. And he never said that he was seeking a woman who only speaks of politics. He wants a woman who is not afraid to talk about other things besides the latest fashions. He wants a girl that will interest him, a girl with some form of intelligence and above all, a girl who does not conform to the ways of todays fake society.
He also never said these women were superficial or shallow, you people just interpreted it that way. Leave Stollmann alone and stop criticising his wants and values.
Seriously, you'd understand what he was talking about if you went to an Eastern Suburbs all girls private school!

Last edited:

Carnivour

HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
I agree with Stollmann.
A lot of girls do not let their true colours shine through. Some girls believe that acting in a vacuous way intrigues and lures guys into a relationship-whether it be for one day or many years. Other women believe that some guys are not interested in politics, philosophy etc and thus tend to converse in common conversation including pop icons, movie stars etc.
I usually go around masquerading as a stupid dumb brunette as i find that many guys my age are not interested in politics and other such issues pertaining to common intelligence. Another reason i mask my intelligence is due to the fact that many guys get intimidated by intelligent and perspicacious women which consequently ends up with the guy calling the woman an "educated snob" or a "pontificating pompous know-it-all".
Stollmann is not saying that all women talk about the pussycat dolls or brad pitt. And he never said that he was seeking a woman who only speaks of politics. He wants a woman who is not afraid to talk about other things besides the latest fashions. He wants a girl that will interest him, a girl with some form of intelligence and above all, a girl who does not conform to the ways of todays fake society.
He also never said these women were superficial or shallow, you people just interpreted it that way. Leave Stollmann alone and stop criticising his wants and values.
Seriously, you'd understand what he was talking about if you went to an Eastern Suburbs all girls private school!
say whut? lookie lookie brogan, she stole ur word. or maybe u lied to me :(

with re: to the rest of cleopatra's (i think) post, which was full of pretty funny contradictions that made me LOL. you admit to masquerading behind a facade of the dumb brunette and then go on to talk about "a fake society". brownie points to you for being so true to yourself.
i understand perfectly what stollmann wants. im just surprised he hasnt ever encountered it. neither have i ever encountered a need to act dumb, that is seriously the stupidest attitude i have heard in a long time. intelligent guys look for intelligent strong women and intelligent astute women know this. and believe me there are plenty of such diverse intense women out there. and finding them aint rocket science either... i dont really understand why we are even arguing about this??? :confused:

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
Shotgun front row seats.

Brogan can be the event lube-supplier. :eek:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
I agree with Stollmann.
I don't think the realm of intelligent conversation necessarily has to include politics and philosophy, and would even find that discussion of some topics based around the contents of school/uni subjects, while appearing to be intelligent material, make for some of the most vapid conversation there is. The best forms of conversation imo, are anecdotal and satirical observational, because these will work with just about anyone, create laughter, feel intelligent, and create a warmer atmosphere than one about the pros and cons of the new IR reforms. Although personally I don't mind a political discussion every now and then, I could never have it set down as the bread and butter of a relationship.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
stollmann said:
Why is it so hard to find a really smart girl with an own opinion and something other to talk about then: bratt pitt's six pack, the last pussy cat dolls concert or just (stupid and useless) gossip...
No, of course not, calling the only form of talking these girls are capable of as stupid and useless gossip means that he respects them, thats why hes going out with one and loves their company so :rolleyes:

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
I don't think the realm of intelligent conversation necessarily has to include politics and philosophy, and would even find that discussion of some topics based around the contents of school/uni subjects, while appearing to be intelligent material, make for some of the most vapid conversation there is. The best forms of conversation imo, are anecdotal and satirical observational, because these will work with just about anyone, create laughter, feel intelligent, and create a warmer atmosphere than one about the pros and cons of the new IR reforms. Although personally I don't mind a political discussion every now and then, I could never have it set down as the bread and butter of a relationship.

JUSTIN, GET OUT OF THIS THREAD!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)