Girls, what do you expect out of a first date? (1 Viewer)

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Like, if you were to go on a first date and look back it what kind of things would you like to have done, talked about etc.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i dont go on first dates.
but the first time i met my exbf, we had our first pash on a ramp in a public carpark.
im quite the romantic...

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i expect anal!!! You hear me? No matter how neat I want her house to be clean, so she has to clean it.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
im cleaning the loungeroom tomoro...
wanna come over sashatheman?
do an in-house inspection for me?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
i expect anal!!! You hear me? No matter how neat I want her house to be clean, so she has to clean it.
um you don't expect much on the first date do you lol :rolleyes:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
mmm_sofay said:
im cleaning the loungeroom tomoro...
wanna come over sashatheman?
do an in-house inspection for me?
NO!!! i would rather swallow razor blades then be seen entering yuor premisis

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Nothing big, just easy, fun things. No movies (because you cant talk and get to know the person, and they're reserved for later on in the relationship when you have nothing to say to them) and no dinners... Maybe lunch, or a coffee after work (taken from experience- it works wonders. And after 3 hours, you can be sure she's interested!)

Last edited:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
i wouldn't want to have extremely high expectations for the first date, because it's the first '-_-
but on my first date with my bf... we went walked around darling harbour and random places in city, and we watched kiddie movies in the toy section of david jones :D lol

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Grobus said:
Like, if you were to go on a first date and look back it what kind of things would you like to have done, talked about etc.
The best way to avoid/satisfy her expectations is to not have her looking out for her expectations being met in the first place. I don't think girls have a checklist of things they'd like to look back on as a first date: they might all say romance, but that would be freaky on a first date.

In my opinion, 'dates' are for lovers. If you're not yet lovers, don't go on a date. So, the best way to move your relationship to another level (from friendship to
'maybe-more') is to avoid the dating scene altogther. Don't take her to dinner, don't take her to a movie (unless you both happen to have previously said you wanna go see XXX movie; otherwise it's so very impersonal... let alone cliche..). Don't do anything that makes it look like you've planned it for weeks beforehand.

The problem is if you put too much effort/thought into it, and it gets too formal or obvious that it's a date, then you're risking major problems. Remember in high school when you'd panic about having to do a speech for the class, but when the teacher asks you on the spur of the moment to talk about something, there's no nervousness? That's because of all the pomp and circumstance and expectations being put up for a speech, once you've had a week or two to plan and research.

So: avoid the expectations alltogether. Do something entirely casual. The key is to be relaxed (Can't stress relaxed enough, so I'll do it again: relaxed! ;)) and low-key. I'd do coffee, and let that stretch out into dinner if you want extra-time (or, do what happened to me and my girl -- we got kicked out cos we stayed 3 hours on a sat night, only buying one coffee each. Nice story! :D). Go shopping, maybe.. What you do depends on the girl (but don't put too much thought into that... if she seems like she'd be vaguely interested, go for it. Remember the last sentence of the above paragraph.)

...but after all that, in the end if she's into you and you get along, the memories will be nice regardless of what you do... :)

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Im not asking for advice mate, Im just curious as to what these girls like.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Grobus said:
Im not asking for advice mate, Im just curious as to what these girls like.
Well, it you ask me, what Skittled said is what we do want (as spinspinsugar said)... Don't go dismissing his post because he's a guy and its 'advice', beause we're all giving you advice. It's not going to damage your image as a 'man', promise. :rolleyes:

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Skittled said:
The best

So: avoid the expectations alltogether. Do something entirely casual. The key is to be relaxed (Can't stress relaxed enough, so I'll do it again: relaxed! ;)) and low-key. I'd do coffee, and let that stretch out into dinner if you want extra-time (or, do what happened to me and my girl -- we got kicked out cos we stayed 3 hours on a sat night, only buying one coffee each. Nice story! :D). Go shopping, maybe.. What you do depends on the girl (but don't put too much thought into that... if she seems like she'd be vaguely interested, go for it. Remember the last sentence of the above paragraph.)

...but after all that, in the end if she's into you and you get along, the memories will be nice regardless of what you do... :)
Yes I agree, avoid the expectations.

Though I don't know about going shopping together, that can be done another time, I love shopping but I'm not so sure most guys would be as keen/interested in going shopping. I think doing something you both will like is important. I like your idea of going out for coffee then dinner, because thats gives a chance to sit down together and get to know eachother. Or even going out in the late afternoon to a place near the water then taking a stroll along the bay/beach when the sun is setting is nice.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
relaxed is the key... skittled was right...
dont look like youve planned it
just go somewhere and see what happens

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
god damm i hate the world...
"bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf"
i hate that fucking abbreviation...

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
yes i dont like that much either.
but neway

i have high expectations if i dont know the person really well, but im much happier to go out with someone who i have gotten to know as a mate before we go on to the whole serious relationship side of things. it just makes everything a lot easier and you dont have the nasty suprises that you might get if you dont know the person so well....

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
TurboTom said:
god damm i hate the world...
"bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""bf""b........
i hate that fucking abbreviation...

god damn shut your mouth. its obvious when someone speaks of bf what it is so whats yuor problem. anyway back to the topic. Theres nothing worng with big-foots they are harmless creatures who drell in woods

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)