Girls handbag/backpack for uni? (1 Viewer)

sarah jones

HSC
Hi I'm starting Uni this year and was wondering what the load is like for a Commerce student - many textbooks,things to carry???

I was wondering approx how heavy I can expect my bag to be with all the textbooks (approx how many textbooks to carry per day?) and my 1.5kg laptop so I can decide whether to go with a handbag or backpack.

thank you :)

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
you generally don't need text books at uni unless they say 'bring this book for a tut' or you're going in to study (even then, the library will have most prescribed books)

I find people generally ignore advice and do what they want and lots of first years come to uni like it's a fashion show which is the dumbest thing ever. Just buy a backpack. I have a black jansport backpack (I can't remember what kind, but it's ~25L) and it does the trick. I have room for my workbooks, lunch, water,jumper, umbrella, mosquito repellent (I'm at uon and it's riddled with mosquitos) pencil case, heaps of shit. iirc they're like 50 buxxx (in a shop, get it cheaper online) and it's a pretty good "brand"

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
go with a backpack. Once you've got the laptop in there and lunch/drink bottle/exercise book/misc extra stuff it will end up ruining your shoulders if you carry it just on one all the time.

edit: having said that, as a commerce student you might not be at uni for many days so maybe you value looking fashional for those 3 days over being practical?

I've always used a backpack and no-one cares tbh

HSC
N/A
you generally don't need text books at uni unless they say 'bring this book for a tut' or you're going in to study (even then, the library will have most prescribed books)

I find people generally ignore advice and do what they want and lots of first years come to uni like it's a fashion show which is the dumbest thing ever. Just buy a backpack. I have a black jansport backpack (I can't remember what kind, but it's ~25L) and it does the trick. I have room for my workbooks, lunch, water,jumper, umbrella, mosquito repellent (I'm at uon and it's riddled with mosquitos) pencil case, heaps of shit. iirc they're like 50 buxxx (in a shop, get it cheaper online) and it's a pretty good "brand"
http://www.amazon.com/Jansport-Superbreak-Backpack-Electric-Purple/dp/B003JD5RNK

I ordered this bag just then :D
I've looked around for a while, and I reckon these are a total steal (Assuming they're durable). There are a lot of colours and patterns, so have fun ;)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
you usually never bring more than one textbook to uni, they weigh a ton each

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)