Girlfriends dad seems to hate me for no reason -_- (1 Viewer)

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
shit son.

gg no re cuz, you no different from being dead in his eyes.

If I was you I would get myself a medicine,engineering and commerce degree and give him his life savings.Maybe and just maybe he will stop being mad at you.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
shit son.

gg no re cuz, you no different from being dead in his eyes.

If I was you I would get myself a medicine,engineering and commerce degree and give him his life savings.Maybe and just maybe he will stop being mad at you.
And while you're on it, sell your soul to him. Then MAYBE he'll stop being mad

HSC
So I've been with my mrs for a year now, she kept telling me to come over and meet her parents, and they had dinner planned. omg it was an awkward experience.

First I introduced myself, shook his hand and smiled at him. He didn't seem to happy as he kept giving me dirties. We then went on to have dinner.
On the dinner table he kept looking at me strangely making me feel uncomfortable . I grabbed some orange juice and poured it for myself, I accidentally spilt the drink over the table. He then goes on to say "MATE!, money doesnt fu**king grow on trees!". feels.

Does anyone know what I can do to make him like me?
You should stop caring about what he thinks and assert confidence in front of him
If you weren't so bothered/ intimidated by him you wouldn't have spilt anything

Actual Gender rl lyfe: Male

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
i see this question is happening again

buriza

conviction
HSC
You should stop caring about what he thinks and assert confidence in front of him
If you weren't so bothered/ intimidated by him you wouldn't have spilt anything
I disagree with this to be honest. Yes, OP should be confident, but he shouldn't just stop caring about what the father thinks. That probably won't impress the father much and/or give off the impression that he's arrogant, or worse, a complete dickhead. Some dads are just pretty overprotective about their daughters, and this is instantly going to make him more sensitive or critical to what the boyfriend is like.

Ultimately OP should just recognise this is what the situation may be like for quite a while and be patient while things smooth out. Like someone else above me said, how it works with some males out there is that you do have to make them either fear or respect you (I don't entirely understand how this fear thing works as a female). And given OP probably has a very minimal chance of making the father fear him since he's several upon several years younger and this isn't the appropriate situation to do so anyway, I'd say go for the mutual respect route.

Basically if OP plans to be with this girl for a while, be diplomatic.

HSC
Also, does your gf see this dislike? Or does no one notice except you and him?

I disagree with this to be honest. Yes, OP should be confident, but he shouldn't just stop caring about what the father thinks. That probably won't impress the father much and/or give off the impression that he's arrogant, or worse, a complete dickhead. Some dads are just pretty overprotective about their daughters, and this is instantly going to make him more sensitive or critical to what the boyfriend is like.

Ultimately OP should just recognise this is what the situation may be like for quite a while and be patient while things smooth out. Like someone else above me said, how it works with some males out there is that you do have to make them either fear or respect you (I don't entirely understand how this fear thing works as a female). And given OP probably has a very minimal chance of making the father fear him since he's several upon several years younger and this isn't the appropriate situation to do so anyway, I'd say go for the mutual respect route.

Basically if OP plans to be with this girl for a while, be diplomatic.
I get what you mean
It might be this case though- how for some reason fathers like to see their own personality in their daughter's bf

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
So I've been with my mrs for a year now, she kept telling me to come over and meet her parents, and they had dinner planned. omg it was an awkward experience.

First I introduced myself, shook his hand and smiled at him. He didn't seem to happy as he kept giving me dirties. We then went on to have dinner.
On the dinner table he kept looking at me strangely making me feel uncomfortable . I grabbed some orange juice and poured it for myself, I accidentally spilt the drink over the table. He then goes on to say "MATE!, money doesnt fu**king grow on trees!". feels.

Does anyone know what I can do to make him like me?
My dad likes my boyfriend but I don't think he knows that he's my boyfriend.
My mum likes my boyfriend.

The rest of the family doesn't know he exists

Dennis1348

HSC
N/A
My dad likes my boyfriend but I don't think he knows that he's my boyfriend.
My mum likes my boyfriend.

The rest of the family doesn't know he exists
lol, I think the dad will start to chill out as time progresses

integral95

HSC
we can only hope things get better :p

But yeah I do get how you feel, except in my situation it was just a crush and not gf sighhh.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
personally i feel it doesn't matter what you do

as soon as he finds out you've had sex with her

or got her pregnant

he will hate you 5eva

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Yeah fuck it, who cares if I'm smashing his daughter. everyone's daughter is fucking having sex lol
And this is one of the many reasons why he might be intimidating to you, because he is protecting his daughter. As soon as he meets you more, gets to know you (your lifestyle, what your family is like, any jobs you are doing, what you're doing in college - or high school if you're 12), he might consider you to be a capable person for his daughter.

Yes :) Every daughter will be getting "smashed" but its whether or not the guy is responsible and someone who parents want their daughter to be in a relationship with.

From the sounds of it, if I was her father and I heard you say that, expect that line that connects you and her to be snipped ASAP, especially the way you say it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)