Girl, interrupted (1 Viewer)

monique66

I loved the movie and just the other day found out it was based on Susanna Kaysen's memoirs when she was actualy admmited to a mental institution. Has anyone read the book? If so, is it worth reading?

takkss10

HSC
N/A
Girl. Interrupted

Hi,

I've seen the film and read the book. I'd definitely say that the book is worth reading. There are a few differences between the book and film, as the book goes into more detail. I personally really enjoyed the book, although like the film, it is quite poignant.

By the way, if you're interested in reading autobiographies of people with borderline personality disorder, try "i'm not supposed to be here..." by Rachel Reiland. It was one of the most amazing books i've ever read. But like Susanna Kaysen's book, it's an emotional read!

Kat

takkss10

HSC
N/A
takkss10 said:
Hi,

By the way, if you're interested in reading autobiographies of people with borderline personality disorder, try "i'm not supposed to be here..." by Rachel Reiland. Kat
Sorry, I didn't realise...This book has actually been re-printed and is now titled: "Get me out of here: My recovery from borderline personality disorder". You can get it off Amazon.

As for whether the book (Girl, Interrupted) is better than the film, I actually often find that I prefer which ever I saw/read first. In this case I watched the film first so preferred that.

Kat

monique66

Cool, thanks guys. I'll definatly get a copy of it to read. I've read something called 'I never promised you a rose garden'- that was sort of strange, mostly because i couln't assosciate with the time in which it was written.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)