• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Girl Interrupted- looking for techniques (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
that convey the notion of inner journey?

I have the use of intertextuality (Wizard of Oz) and that's really it...

Help!

leikWHOA

Dunno if this is too late, and I'm not even doing inner journey, but Girl Interrupted is one of my fav movies so how about..

- Use of voiceovers

- Flashbacks

- I don't know exactly what to call this technique, but the way that things kinda come in a circle, like where Susanna has the same cab driver on the way to and from the hospital, and how it starts with Lisa, Polly, Susanna and Georgina downstairs and it's only at the end that we find out how they got there.

- Camera angles .. there's some really good ones at the start that I noticed, but I'm sure they're used throughout

- Music, like that song by Karen Carpenter when Daisy killed herself .. which is interesting because Karen Carpenter had an eating disorder, which she died of.
And Petula Clark's "Downtown" is used in the cab, as well as when Lisa and Susanna sing it. Almost all of the music in Girl Interrupted is from the 60s era, cept for Wilco's "How to Fight Lonliness".

And you mentioned intertexuality with The Wizard of Oz.. I wrote a paper ages ago where I compared the Wizard of Oz with Girl Interupted too.. There's so so so much stuff you can talk about there, like with characters and themes and stuff.

Sorry this is so brief, I have to run off to work. Anything else, just ask me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)