getting used to being single (1 Viewer)

Lennie

sucks. does anyone have any tips?

ive pretty much been in a relationship for the past 5 years, been single less than 2 weeks and it's terrible.

:(

definitely a phobia.

Lennie

yeah.. sorta not too interested in anyone at the moment.
too hung up on the ex, who i can't have.

which means i have to get used to it.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
ah.
so it's:
Im single and I don't like it, but I don't want anyone else. I only want him.

It'll get better, eventually :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
EnterNameHere said:

ive pretty much been in a relationship for the past 5 years, been single less than 2 weeks and it's terrible.

definitely a phobia.
Suck it up, you'll find out what you've been missing out on soon enough and enjoy it.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
5 years vs 2 weeks....there'll be a LOT of getting used to

i cant really remember what it like to be single. i've been on the dating scene for 3 years, fairly constantly. it feel weird

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Just try and occupy yourself (clubbing, parties, work, anything..). Give it time and you'll eventually get over it.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
being single can be awesome, it isnt really terrible you are just used to the different set of perks and cons related to dating. Now start to enjoy the bennefits of being single that you havent before... i.e dress up pretty and go out, hang with your friends more often i dunno do stuff you never usually do.

dodgyfilokid

HSC
hmm...its tough i know..take it from someone whos bein there and is still on it...5 months being single after a relationship sucks hard..i guess we're on the same position but try and occupy yourself...talking to the ex might be a good idea but be careful..it could land you in serious trouble with yourself

SweetSeasons

HSC
I used to always want someone.. then I found someone and found out being single is so much more fun.. it's so much more me any ways

When you're single everything is for you, you can be completely selfish and it's ok. I go out when I want, with who ever I want, I don't have to think about what I'm doing or make plans to see any one. If i have exams coming up I can hibernate without worrying about if my bf is going to be up set. After a long day I can just come home n chill and not have to worry about seeing a bf or calling him or what ever. All my money is spent on me and on the things I want to do.

Seriously I don't think I'll be looking for a relationship for a very long time..

xPWDx

HSC
my g skrewed me over for someone else, n did it via txt msg

n know she ignores me like its my fault

n shes a h

n i wouldnt have her back for shite

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
It's hard, my darling...
5 years is a long time, I broke up with my boyfriend after 2 years and I felt like dying. Basically, it hurts but you will get over it in a little while. It took me about a month before I could even talk to him again, but now we are friends and understand each other, which is good, because you can't forget that he is also a long-time friend as well as a lover.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Time is probably the only cure..

if time cannot cure it, what possibly can?

'another lover' isn't really a cure

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
but the truth remaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiins you're...
GONE. Except who the kent would get that :confused:

I guess you could direct all your energies towards a higher goal then. Write a symphony? :eek:

Season

HSC
As sex and the city has always taught us, it takes half the amount of time that you were dating to get over them.... its soo true though. So give yourself some more time. 2X week doesn't equal five months.

In the mean time

-go out with friends
-clubbing
-partying
-shopping
-other girly things

Do stuff that you normally are a bit restricted by by having a boyfriend, for me I always felt that when I went out I had to tell him or bring him along. Then at the party I couldn't muck around too much even with the most platonic guy friends because he wouldn't like it. So if I were you I'd go to a party and dance all night and don't put any restrictions on yourself.

Darkening

HSC
Lol your in my situation...

I hate being single, was in a year relation but now im getting used to it, its ok once you think about it :)

I went out with other people i neva had time for.

And you dont have to think of ruining your relationship by doing something stupid :)

Enjoy bein single, it will be fun :)

melmelrulz

HSC
EnterNameHere said:

definitely a phobia.
OMG im so sorry. Ive been in a relationship the past 3 years and it ended like the past few days, kinda dragged, its horrible, i cant do anythign anymore, cant think, cant operate :( I really feel for you. goodluck ok, your gonna get through this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)