Getting to MQ SAM center (1 Viewer)

debugz

HSC
Hey guys, whats the best way to get to SAM building by public transport? Im coming from parramatta.

The more specific the better. :D I dont want to walk around the entire uni getting lost... :) thx

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Get off the bus. Follow the path that leads down the stairs and goes past Macquarie Theatre to the library. Once you're pretty much at the library, take a right and go down the stairs. Turn left, walk straight ahead and its right there past the fountain (well, what used to be a fountain).

Where abouts in the Sam building tho...cos if its downstairs in the Atrium you gottta walk right a few metres till u get to the stairwell...lol.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
It took me and my friend so so long on the first day of uni to find the sam building. And then, when we eventually did, we didnt have anything to do. Its only good if you've got a bit of money to burn on food, or alcohol... but theres an ATM, a really crappy-looking hairdresser and, of course, the lovely coop!

...Do you know where the coop is? Coz if you know where that is, you'll find the sam building. An alternative way of getting there is going down the stairs that go under the library (they'e directly under the library), which takes you to the coop, and the sam.

Why dont you come to your mentor day? I didnt go to mine, but I'm a mentor this year and want to show people around the campus... give me a job! Come and visit me! :)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
debugz said:
Hey guys, whats the best way to get to SAM building by public transport? Im coming from parramatta.

The more specific the better. :D I dont want to walk around the entire uni getting lost... :) thx

if you mean what bus to take, then take the 545. it goes from parramatta straigt through the uni.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Lovely view of the newsagent and that far building is the SAM building

Co-op

Stairs down to ATM

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
Note: Asylum will be giving free tours to all YOUNG ASIAN GIRLS

I REPEAT

YOUNG ASAIN GIRLS

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
the place looks soo clean in those pictures. i dont remember it being like that whenever i walk there :/

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i'll try my explanation as well:

when you get off the bus, follow the path INTO the uni. you should come to some stairs, walk down them and keep walking down the path until you find the library infront of you. go up to the library door.

turn right and walk along the front of the library, past windows. then there should be stairs infront of you, go down them.at the bottom of the stairs turn left. walk straight. there should be the sam building infront of you and grass to your right and a wall to your left.

or, ask a friendly mq'er, it's much easier

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yep you were there. the sam building consists of the bar, the sam spot (post office, to your right when before go up the steps to the bar) the newsagent (to your left before you go upi the steps to the bar) the co op bookshop, hairdresser, dentist, eating area, atrium etc. it's that whole big area

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
dentist, doctor, counsellors, hairdresser, pharmacy, post office, travel agent - you don't have to leave the campus if you don't want to!

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i wish i was livn on campus the more i think bout it

it takes me 3 hours travel a day 2 get there and bac, thats ok, but the uni environment looks awesome with all the trees and grass, doesnt feel like a uni

plus with all the facilities and the shops across the street it would b mad

and it would make travelln home from the bar a lil easier 2 navigate

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

The MQ pathway viewed from in between w6a and w6b :)

Same but from other side of path

Main courtyard, the building to the left is the SAM building, the one to the right is Lincoln Bldg, taken from the stairs going down from the library.

Halfway down the courtyard and facing the science/computing areas.

Taken from the previous shot looking back at the courtyard. The left bldg is the library, then the newsagency, then entry to SAM bldg.
Hope that helps :)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
another question......i catched this 288 bus last time...and it stopped opposite to the mq shopping centre....and i saw some students walking towards the same direction as mq uni...but i have no idea wat's in those buildings....lol....any ideas any one???ekek...does it lead to mq uni or is it some colleage?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Those are the dorms and they lead into the campus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)