• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

getting Student IDs for first years online? (1 Viewer)

lolsandwicher

HSC
I found this on the UNSW website and i thought it would probably be better applying for it online rather than waiting for it in line during O-week.

STUDENT
Q. Am I able to get my Student ID card sent to me?
A. Yes, email the FM Assist at id.cards@unsw.edu.au with your name, student number and a return address.
1. We will send a card without a photo
2. If you want a photo on the card, you will need to attach a passport style photo in a jpg format, to the email. We also require verification of the photo and your identification by a Justice of the Peace as a hard copy.
UNSW Facilities Management

i just wanted to know if this applies for first year students as well and if anyone else has done it

and do we really need the photo on the ID card?

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
I found this on the UNSW website and i thought it would probably be better applying for it online rather than waiting for it in line during O-week.

i just wanted to know if this applies for first year students as well and if anyone else has done it

You might as well go in now, you can get ID cards before O-week begins. I'm going to get mine tomorrow, and you shouldn't have to really wait. Probably will take about 10 minutes at the most during this time of the year.

And plus a Student Card without a photo would be pointless, because when it comes to exam time, they'll need to verify that you are actually who you say you are. Otherwise they can accuse you of cheating and etc...

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC

Just go to university and get the stupid card in person. And yes, you need a photo on it. I'm under the impression you're doing full-time hence you'll need this ID for concession and transit officers are gonna be giving you shit if you hand them a card with no photo on it.

If this isnt your case, TehAzner explained the other reason before.

lolsandwicher

HSC
what buses are available to take to the university now since its still the holidays for the university

and is there a price on the photo taken for the Student id? because ive got 2 spare passport pictures from a couple of months ago i could just give

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
what buses are available to take to the university now since its still the holidays for the university

and is there a price on the photo taken for the Student id? because ive got 2 spare passport pictures from a couple of months ago i could just give
393/395 or anything along anzac parade.

Photo taken doesn't cost anything.

HSC
It took me literally 60 seconds to get my card, from "Hi, I'm here for an ID card" to "Thanks".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)