Getting mid band 5 in physics? (1 Viewer)

Ritikthegoat

HSC
I need an 85 in physics for my 90+ atar, and I am coming 2/10 in my class, but I did so bad on the trial exam( I got 52%) which was the 2nd highest in the class (only 2 ppl passed), is it still possible to get an 85?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
yikes. Compared to HSC difficulty, how hard was the trial? Depends on how much you've studied since trial till HSC. Definitely still enough time to get somewhat of an improvement.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
it was crazy easy, i havent learnt anything the whole year cause my physics teacher is a dance teacher, also I haven't studied anything after trials, but I'm good at cramming
Yeah nah not looking good. Physics is one of the hardest subjects to cram for. Specifically due to how nuanced questions can be both mathematically and theoretically. If you can get over 85 externally more power to you. But it’s gonna be an uphill battle.

thomas mcnamee

HSC
I need an 85 in physics for my 90+ atar, and I am coming 2/10 in my class, but I did so bad on the trial exam( I got 52%) which was the 2nd highest in the class (only 2 ppl passed), is it still possible to get an 85?
can u slide me ur trial?

Interdice

HSC
yikes. Compared to HSC difficulty, how hard was the trial? Depends on how much you've studied since trial till HSC. Definitely still enough time to get somewhat of an improvement.
Non selective public schools have ass trials that are needlessly difficult. PRobably the NEAP trials

The average my my school was a 46, and the teacher says that anyone who gets a 50+ is on track for a band 5.

carrotsss

HSC
Non selective public schools have ass trials that are needlessly difficult. PRobably the NEAP trials

The average my my school was a 46, and the teacher says that anyone who gets a 50+ is on track for a band 5.
most non-selective schools just rebrand commercial papers, it’s likely your paper was an independent paper or something like that, you can check if there is the “trial examination” text in a sorta tall font on the right in the middle of the page. the independent paper this year was pretty awful, it had errors, wasn’t reflective of how the hsc has been moving and also 90% of my phys class failed it lol

Ritikthegoat

HSC
most non-selective schools just rebrand commercial papers, it’s likely your paper was an independent paper or something like that, you can check if there is the “trial examination” text in a sorta tall font on the right in the middle of the page. the independent paper this year was pretty awful, it had errors, wasn’t reflective of how the hsc has been moving and also 90% of my phys class failed it lol
I think it was the independent paper, could you please post the paper so I can double check, cause my teacher didn't post it.

carrotsss

HSC
I think it was the independent paper, could you please post the paper so I can double check, cause my teacher didn't post it.
can't post the paper here because of copyright reasons but do you remember a question 23 which made you detail an experiment you did about circular motion?

Interdice

HSC
can't post the paper here because of copyright reasons but do you remember a question 23 which made you detail an experiment you did about circular motion?
Yes i remeber that! I also remeber the one about malus law

Interdice

HSC
Hmm? What's your school ranking. Mine is 300 and the average was 45. Do you count a fail as below 60 or below 50? Admintedly the Physics cohort was made up of 70 percent Extension student. Man beating that MX2 girl was so funny. She got like 38 and begged the teacher so hard. And I always stole the practials from her and her nerd friends.

And yeah. The valedictorian of the school only got 78 percent for this exam. he

carrotsss

HSC
Hmm? What's your school ranking. Mine is 300 and the average was 45. Do you count a fail as below 60 or below 50? Admintedly the Physics cohort was made up of 70 percent Extension student. Man beating that MX2 girl was so funny. She got like 38 and begged the teacher so hard. And I always stole the practials from her and her nerd friends.

And yeah. The valedictorian of the school only got 78 percent for this exam. he
My school ranking is in the 400s but our science department is especially bad and we pretty much never get science b6s, I don’t know the exact average but I only know of a few people who got 50% (and I only got 85%), and there were a lot of people in the 20-30% range

Interdice

HSC
My school ranking is in the 400s but our science department is especially bad and we pretty much never get science b6s, I don’t know the exact average but I only know of a few people who got 50% (and I only got 85%), and there were a lot of people in the 20-30% range
Damn that's rough buddy. My Physcis teacher marked like a Nazi. For that 7 marker, the average was like 1 or 2. And that piss easy one for Malsues law, I only got 1 mark out of 3 for some reason.

You're doing good though. 85 percent in great. Highest in my school was 78, and that guy is expected to get a 98-99 atar.

carrotsss

HSC
Damn that's rough buddy. My Physcis teacher marked like a Nazi. For that 7 marker, the average was like 1 or 2. And that piss easy one for Malsues law, I only got 1 mark out of 3 for some reason.

You're doing good though. 85 percent in great. Highest in my school was 78, and that guy is expected to get a 98-99 atar.
yeah that 7 marker was insane I got full marks on it but only because I wrote like 2 pages, and the marking criteria was way too strict for no reason. the main thing that got me was that stupid 8 marker on cathode ray questions, like it’s such a niche syllabus dot point and I completely forgot about it until the night before but didn’t bother studying it since I just assumed they wouldn’t ask for all 4 of them. doubt they’d ask something like either of those qs in the hsc though

Interdice

HSC
yeah that 7 marker was insane I got full marks on it but only because I wrote like 2 pages, and the marking criteria was way too strict for no reason. the main thing that got me was that stupid 8 marker on cathode ray questions, like it’s such a niche syllabus dot point and I completely forgot about it until the night before but didn’t bother studying it since I just assumed they wouldn’t ask for all 4 of them. doubt they’d ask something like either of those qs in the hsc though
Bro wrote an English essay. Yeah the marking criteia was insane. Physics teacher just said "write anything that comes to your mind".

Ritikthegoat

HSC
My school ranking is 550-600, and the smartest kid got 72, I feel like physics is targeted at syndey schools with actual teachers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)