getting into uni (1 Viewer)

Qualona

HSC
ok. im in year 12 and i am stressed out. i am really annoyed because i really want to do law. the thing is that you have to get over 90 uai to do law and i might not get that. so is there anyone that actually does law at uni and they got in another way or no of any different ways. Also, ive heard about the RET/STAT test at western sydney uni andf i was wondering if anyones actually got into uni with it, especially law.
if anyone know's, what do you have to get to get a uia of 90 or over. i predict my assesment marks will all be high 80's and probly 2 90's.
and another thing. i hate hsc and i think we should all protest in the streets and demand they change the system because it is stupid.

Rafe14

HSC
If you dont think you can get a uai above 90 then you shouldn't be considering law. Also hating the HSC wont do you any good or change anything. I'd suggest just do you best or consider other options on what you want to do.

Last edited:

cl3nta

HSC
There is a course available in sydney which lets any undergrad (with any UAI) in called a diploma course for law which is developed by the Legal Profession Admission Broad, the basic principle for entry is that everyone can give a go, a UAI of 60 with 66 for english is already ok. So that is achievable hey? I think from there, depending on how you go, can transfer into a law degree or something. goodluck

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
assessments marks in the high 80s and 90s means so far, youre doing really well in your subjects, thus probably having a good rank
if you maintain that consistency, then i wouldnt rule out getting 90+ for your UAI, which prevents you from wasting a year doing some other course then transferring, or doing a STAT test
my guess is to keep trying and do the best you can...use law as your motivation into doing well enough to get in, because from what ive read, youre more than capable of doing good
but like people said, have a back up just in case you dont get what you want, but dont let the thought of it drag your performance down

shaemitchell

HSC
i also want to do law and predict the same marks as yourself (if its any indication try SAM) but i want to go to wollongong uni and you only need an 88 for a double degree there. Also you can usually get into any uni in any course and with good averages transfer courses.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
look at the end of the day all you need to do is simply do your very very very best. that's all you can do. and if you don't get the marks you can always transfer to law if need be. You gotta be willing to study literally 100 times more than you are for HSC. So just step back and look at some other options aswell.

HSC

zeleboy

HSC
ok. im in year 12 and i am stressed out. i am really annoyed because i really want to do law. the thing is that you have to get over 90 uai to do law and i might not get that. so is there anyone that actually does law at uni and they got in another way or no of any different ways. Also, ive heard about the RET/STAT test at western sydney uni andf i was wondering if anyones actually got into uni with it, especially law.
if anyone know's, what do you have to get to get a uia of 90 or over. i predict my assesment marks will all be high 80's and probly 2 90's.
and another thing. i hate hsc and i think we should all protest in the streets and demand they change the system because it is stupid.
Do Law through post-graduate entry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)