Getting into selective high school 2021 year 11 entry (1 Viewer)

Kurrison

HSC
Hi everyone,
I am trying out for selective this year (year ten) and I really want get into Normanhurst Boys or Gosford High or Sydney Boys for 2021 (Year 11).

Can anyone aid me out by telling me what it will be in the exams? Is it four components are mathematical reasoning, read comprehension, abstract reasoning and written expression are on the HAST exam? How can i actually prepare for it? Is there any free HAST sample exam papers coz i have to buy them if i want to practice.

Including the extracurriculars, I had been to a zone many times with cross country, swimming and athletic, made to national for athletic in 100m and made to the region for swimming. I played in NPL which is the semi-professional league and attended AIS which stands for Australian Institue Sport. Additionally, I won two medals with my school team who came first in the Kuring-Gai area. I did the bronze of Duke of Edinburgh and volunteering for Legacy and others. I was also SRC in my school as well. Are those are making my application look strong?

It would be appreciated and help me a lot for good preparation for exam.

Thanks

Kurrison

HSC
Idk, I could have gone selective back in year 7, got great in that entrance exam, but shit happens, so it got cancelled.

What I'm saying is that someone of your calibre should get in, you have nation-wide talent! So a great school could just want you solely for that and will carry you for your application.

I've heard from friends that the math part of HAST is like 5.3 level Year 10+Stumpers which is easy if you know your content. I have no clue about the res,t, but my sources tell me it's on the moderate to the easy side.
What happened to that shit happened and made it got cancelled. Thank you, i thought most selective schools care about how well the students' academic performance more. I hope i will be successfully into a particular school, so, i will let you know if i made it or not. Alright, I did Maths 5.3 level and you saying the HAST exam is easy now? But I am appreciated for your help.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
What happened to that shit happened and made it got cancelled. Thank you, i thought most selective schools care about how well the students' academic performance more. I hope i will be successfully into a particular school, so, i will let you know if i made it or not. Alright, I did Maths 5.3 level and you saying the HAST exam is easy now? But I am appreciated for your help.
they like students who are all rounded, meaning strong at academics but also have good extracurricular activities. it shows that you aren't solely focused on your grades but also interested in your community and exploring new areas. Judging by your ec, you seem to have a competitive application!

Kurrison

HSC
they like students who are all rounded, meaning strong at academics but also have good extracurricular activities. it shows that you aren't solely focused on your grades but also interested in your community and exploring new areas. Judging by your ec, you seem to have a competitive application!
I am appreciated with your response, it made me less worry about it.

Kurrison

HSC
yeah it's standard advice for any entry to a SS

- Great Test Result
- Great Extra-Curricular Activities
- Great Report

Extremes of one or more of these attributes can carry you, especially in Kurrisons case.

AND DON'T MESS UP as I DID
@anne123123 and @Kurrison know, and I can't disclose that information.
Cheers, i got good test result for English and got A which is 8.3% people will get A

im so cool

HSC
You should get in fine mate especially to sbhs. Coming from someone who attends they normally look for well-rounded students hence the motto 'scholar sportsman' so as long as your report is generally pretty good you'll get admitted. If you do get admitted you'll actually be in my year haha!

Kurrison

HSC
You should get in fine mate, especially to sbhs. Coming from someone who attends, they normally look for well-rounded students hence the motto 'scholar sportsman' so as long as your report is generally pretty good, you'll get admitted. If you do get admitted, you'll be in my year, haha!
are you attending Sydney Boys? Are Sydney Boys worth it like i know they are academically, and are they having like high competitive sport every Saturday? My reports are like alright but with strong extra curricular and co curricular.

idkkdi

HSC
are you attending Sydney Boys? Are Sydney Boys worth it like i know they are academically, and are they having like high competitive sport every Saturday? My reports are like alright but with strong extra curricular and co curricular.
Honestly, go get a sports scholarship at a private school. Better teachers and better connections. Your 100m time should be enough as long as its a recent nationals rather than one in like yr 7.

If you want to go sbhs, I'm pretty sure they have imports. I.e. the ones who are actually good at sport. Being an import might be your best bet.

Kurrison

HSC
Honestly, go get a sports scholarship at a private school. Better teachers and better connections. Your 100m time should be enough as long as its a recent nationals rather than one in like yr 7.

If you want to go sbhs, I'm pretty sure they have imports. I.e. the ones who are actually good at sport. Being an import might be your best bet.
Is there any private school offer sports scholarship? I know Shore do not offer sports scholarship. Kings or Knox scholarship was finished already. I can try out for Sydney Grammar but is it worth it go to private school with an expensive fee? Of course, i do want to go to Sydney Boys but is their chances they can accept me with good at the sport with alright report with some A and most B.

Kurrison

HSC
Don't stress you would get in as the imports for SBHS or be completely shortlisted altogether.

SB would most likely accept you, just don't play with *you know what I'm talking about*.
Yeah, but moving to selective is big decisive change and plus only one chance for me to move to selective school this year. Hey, i heard some kids got all C report but got into selective high school. Is this possible??

Kurrison

HSC
Yeah, it really depends on five factors:

1) Report
2) Test (if they have one)
3) Extra Outside of School Activities
4) How many spots available
5) Having a *clean* record unlike what I did years back (don't sweat about this one).

In spite of things, you can have really great of the 4 things to cover up for the lack of a minimum of one.

For example, if your co-curricular activities aren't that great unlike yours, you can make it up for reports/test. And vice versa.

If everything isn't working out too great, sometimes they could let you in because of some spots.
Your right, i am pretty sure most year 11 entry has massive spots from 15-30 spots so i hope i can be one of those spots to get in.

Kurrison

HSC
But in terms of academics, how are you doing so far? Like how is your report, or do you have any credits/distinctions in any academic comps
I am doing alright with 4 B and 2 A, I had credit in geography academic competition and spelling ICAS. I am not a big fan of physic or chem only like biology a lot. Does your friend have a subject that he hated it?

Kurrison

HSC
Keep in mind he also tried out in year nine, so you have an even greater chance since they open a new class in year 11
Yeah i know Year 11 have more spots than year 7 to 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)