Get Your Id Cards Now (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
This applies to all students, new or old!

Once you've enrolled on myUNSW, bring either your old student card (if you are continuing study at UNSW) or your student ID number and either a driver's licence or passport as proof of identification.

ID cards can be obtained from e-Spot. If you are coming by bus, e-spot is easy to find - just walk straight up the big walkway until you see a red building. The e-spot is marked by a giant blue e.

Please try and get your student cards ASAP - they're available now and you will need them for useful things like obtaining concessions at the movies and on public transport!

Also, if you wait until O-Week or first week, the queues can be horribly long.

Token photo of an ID card:

Last edited:

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
I was planning on waiting until book-lists came out so that I could get books and ID card on the one trip (before O-week). Good idea or just wasting my time?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
That's still Okay. The booklist usually comes out before the O-week, around early to mid feb. But remember you don't need to get every single book listed there.

For people who don't know about our bookshop weebsite, it's www.bookshop.unsw.edu.au

Does anyone else like the smell of new books like me? :D

gman03

HSC
toadstooltown said:
I was planning on waiting until book-lists came out so that I could get books and ID card on the one trip (before O-week). Good idea or just wasting my time?
ID Card - good idea

Book - bad idea

@ Nancy: thanks for the mugshot, appreciated

@ Survivor: No :p

elfm

HSC
sif buy books so early! the book shop is really only busy in the first couple of weeks, but it's open for long hours each day so i'm sure you'll be able to find a time that has little people. you wont need a lot of the books that lecturers will want to recommend to you.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
also try textbookexchange.com.au

gman03

HSC
MedNez said:
Hey gman was it you that posted up the picture last year?

And I said you looked like Tom Hanks?
Yup, because I photoshoped it with Tom's photo :D

But i still like 2004 design ... so white!!!

miyoko

HSC
hey, was wondering for new enrolled students, will we be taking pictures for our student ID?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Though trust me, make yourself presentable and ready at all times, the UNSW E-Spot people do not care or know when you're ready, unlike the RTA people...

Also, there aren't flashes, so don't expect yourself to look "Normal coloured" in the photo.

Btw, does anyone know if those Yellow selling book slips near those never-ending steps going up to CLB are pinned up already now?

Also...do we just head to 2nd Hand bookshop to sell off our books or to get those "sell book slips"?:confused:

@Survivor: ahh I love it!! I like the smell near the spine...especially those nice big books :) lmao my mum was able to keep her uni books still new!!

kahrinn

HSC
Wondering, I've done enrollments and everything on myUNSW already, and my application status is shown to be in "matriculation"- does that mean I can go get my ID card now??

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
You should probably wait a day or so before you go get your ID, but pretty much yeah. You're now a UNSWer

Rekkusu

HSC
[SIZE=-1]Matriculation indicates that your acceptance of offer has been confirmed and a student record has been created for you. :)
[/SIZE]

Chris.

HSC
its too hot to catch a train and bus just to get my id card right now...

EDIt: 1st year students cant even get it until feb

Last edited:

leski

HSC
i finished the enrollment on thur, and epot told me that they havnt got my detail yet today.:mad1:

purplemonkey

HSC
Some ppl have been saying we need to take our "confirmation of enrollment" email with us to E-spot to get an I.D. ...is this right? Coz I have received no such thing :S

Rekkusu

HSC
Hm...I don't think that is necessary.

But if E-Spot says there is, there may actually be a confirmation E-mail in the new UNSW System. I'm not sure though.

The best thing to do is to tell them to log into Myunsw Portal with your username + password (right in front of them) to prove that you're a student.

Weird, well the system should process most things within 1-2 days. This year's system must be pretty flooded.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
leski said:
i finished the enrollment on thur, and epot told me that they havnt got my detail yet today.:mad1:
The E-spot is very slow. Last year when I try to get my ID, they say that I haven't enrolled in anything....but I actually enrolled in all my subjects 1 months ago, which shows you how slow they are.

Anyway, they ended up giving me my ID card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)