Get a laptop? (1 Viewer)

rainny

HSC
N/A
im thinking of getting a laptop for my studies. but i dont know if i need it. Because yr 11 and yr 12 are really jsut studying form the textbook. So should i get a laptop, if so which brand is good for school?

thanks

piitb

HSC
marks gain from laptop = 0

hours wasted on laptop = hundreds

u dont need it

rainny

HSC
N/A
yerh true, but it will help my researching of particular issues in english

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
rainny said:
yerh true, but it will help my researching of particular issues in english
If u want one just get one, laptops are such a common and relatively cheap today. As for studying a laptop wont help you achieve rather distract, studying comes from reading text books.

hujikolp

HSC
It would benefit you for researching things, and it's a lot quicker to research things on the internet..
If you are studying IT, old text books may contain old and out of date information.. the internet and current research would help you keep up with new and valuable information

~~wow i sound retarded~~
piitb said:
marks gain from laptop = 0

hours wasted on laptop = hundreds

u dont need it
lol.. hours wasted is definately hundreds.. just don't get distracted by everything :p

but u will need one for assignments and stuff.. a computer is prett important.. unless you already have a PC u use..

savio23q

Band
HSC
I found a laptop to be quite useful actually. Although yes, it does distract you a bit, it's very handy to have around. I used it to type up practice essays, assignments, speeches, researched things and all that stuff. Sometimes, when the house was noisey or we had people over, I could just take it into the garage and carry on with whatever I was doing. You just need to have some self control in order to not get distracted.

rainny

HSC
N/A
yerh ill think ill not get one afterall, i do have 2 pc's. one wihtout internet and one with. But i share the internet one with my family... which is hard

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
don't you get a laptop from the krudd government for free? or was that just a rumor. o please i hope that was just a rumor.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Rageeb said:
don't you get a laptop from the krudd government for free? or was that just a rumor. o please i hope that was just a rumor.
its not a rumour but its very hard to get it.

boris

Banned
HSC
No its not tard, they just aren't rolling them out until at least 09 lol.

Fucking if you have 2 computers already, you dont really need a laptop. Any researching you have to do can be done on the one with the net and any word processor shit can be done on the other.

Fuckin asians.

rainny

HSC
N/A
boris said:
No its not tard, they just aren't rolling them out until at least 09 lol.

Fucking if you have 2 computers already, you dont really need a laptop. Any researching you have to do can be done on the one with the net and any word processor shit can be done on the other.

Fuckin asians.
F**kin asians ? thats not very nice

and for your information, i hvae one computer with internet sharing with my family inwhich my sister is in yr 12. The other computer is very slow and doesn have the essential programs in it, it is a very old old computer. That is why i want to get a laptop. If i knew that computer would of been better then i WOULD use it and not get a laptop

SmRandmAzn

Banned
HSC
If you and your sister both had SACs due the next day you will see the use of an extra computer.

When studying, turn it off. It doesn't help. I did 3/4 IT Apps and the computer just hindered my study. Yeah, you're pretty much right in saying VCE is studying from a textbook. A computer is not efficient for study, just for assignments. When studying do it AWAY from the comp.

If you don't install msn on it and somehow block facebook, efficiency increases by 9999%

I repeat, do not turn on laptop during study time

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
You guys write notes by hand? Screw that. I've been typing my notes since the start of the year, and what can I say, with just a word document open I can successfully type up neater and better looking notes at least 3 times faster and still have the ability to edit them without making them look like shit.

Don't blame computers on people's lack of attention. That's just ridiculous. You can get distracted studying from a textbook, but you don't say "Oh textbooks are shit cos you get distracted" which is exactly what people are saying about laptops/computers.

Have some self-restraint and don't blame it on the computers. Used correctly, computers are handy.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You know they have these things called 'routers' now which allow you to share a connection.

rainny

HSC
N/A
yerh i tried the d-link router, but i just coulnt get it working ==" anyone help ?

whats do i need and how do i connect them?

boris

Banned
HSC
rainny said:
yerh i tried the d-link router, but i just coulnt get it working ==" anyone help ?

whats do i need and how do i connect them?
Stop being asian, that might help.

luxslash89

HSC
Stop being asian, that might help.
wanted to say "shut the fuck up about the asian thing", but just noticed that you're a HSC:2010 - a young white little scrawny kid who doesn't know anything and needs to grow up, so i guess it isn't necessary :wave:

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
wanted to say "shut the fuck up about the asian thing", but just noticed that you're a HSC:2010 - a young white little scrawny kid who doesn't know anything and needs to grow up, so i guess it isn't necessary :wave:
Hi Comic Sans. What's up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)