Germany Dot Point (1 Viewer)

dandaman

Hey.. im a bit stuck wif this dot point:

"the nazi war machine and its implications for the war effort".

is it about blitz krieg and the effect on the economy??

timmii

sporadic attendee
It's about how the home-front (i.e economy, social changes etc etc) impacted on the German war effort.

FOr instance unti late into the war, the germans were reluctant to put the country onto war-footing, and did not intorudce rationing or cut back on consumer-good production.

The policy of taking women out of the workforce and encouraging them to be home in the kitchen meant that they reduced the resources with which they could wage war (if women aren't in the factories, you need men there...)

The doubling up of ministerial portfolios reduced the efficiency with which the country and the war effort was run. Hitler's insistence on being involved in organising campaigns despite having limited martial training and being unwilling to accept subordinates who questioned his judgement lead to disastrous results in Russia...

Also talk about the benefits - Blitzkreig, Schacht's reforms, the fact they had been planning the war and had built up the machinery and efficient movement of troops since 1933/34, slave labour to make ammunition, clothes, railways for the soldiers...Acquiring Poland's rich agricultural lands so as to provide enough food for germany/german troops - and of course the benefits of all the pre-war and wartime acqusitions gave additional resources - food, money, men, ammunition, strategic locations....

dandaman

Nice :) THanks a lot man.

I just spoke to the advice line too and the lady said all that haha.
Legend

meh

if u want i have a couple of pages i could send to you

yes, its mostly about blitzkrieg and the effect its effect on the economy but also the major battles (eg Battle of Britain and Stalingrad) had on the home front - the peopl the eco, the politics etc

also -dont forget total war that was too late, you could incorporate alot of that

talk about how hitler refused to limit production of consumer goods and thus hindered the war effort to keep the ppl happy - use of slave labour probabaly also important and bombing raid for the german morale

so in summary:
*Blitzkrieg
*Hitlers military philosophy
*Total War
*war effects on the economy
*Failure of the 4 year plan

hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)