• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Germany 1918-45 totalitarianism essay (1 Viewer)

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Wrote an essay, which is attached, on the totalitarianism question of the 2005 Independent paper.

Advice and comments would be much appreciated.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
It's good, 19 or 20 / 20. Except you mentioned centralised economy in one of your paragraphs (6th point) and i dont think you mentioned it. You also might want to mention polycratic as that seems to be your argument.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
quite good on the whole- clearly written with aprropriate level of sophistication. Use of historiography was accurate and insightful, though I thought was over relied upon. More dates, more stats, more events... in short, more specifics needed to lift your essay above a kind of introduction to an historical argument... obviously our knowlege is too limited to truly be in a position to argue a point using historical evidence, I just think it'll impress the examiners to use some really good specifics to back up the historiographical positions you refer to. For example, for the "duplication of function" quote, you could have evidenced that with the ministry of economics having it's functions overlapped with Gorings 4-year plan when it was introduced in 1936. Do you understand what I'm saying?

Really good and you clearly have a grasp on the concept and the level of expression required though I fear the examiners will be wanting more "examples" (events, laws, decrees, speeches, mein kampf, stats etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)