George Pell for Pope! (1 Viewer)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Support your fellow Australian - Support Cardinal Pell for the next Catholic Pope!

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
The guy just died...
Yeah you're right, they should probably wait a few years before they replace him...you know, out of respect.

Riewe

HSC
But wasn't JP2 not one of the favourites when he became pope? So this would mean that it will be impossible to pick who will be the pope until he is announced.

GretaGarbo

HSC
N/A
I hope the German guy gets it. He hates homosexuals and women.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Fuck off cardinal Sin, wat predictions will come from having that name?

And Pell, get the fuck out of here!!

abt time 4 a black pope

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
I meant, that the pope just died, its a bit disrespectful to start campainging for a new pope a few hours after he died
no its isnt. time is money , we must rush this

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Argonaut said:
So we have 9 days of mourning. Then they will start to vote in no less than 15 days, and there's already three candidates who are most likely to become Pope: a Nigerian dude, a German guy and an Italian. Then there's a few others who are sort of second-favourite should one of those three not be elected - Pell isn't in this group either - and then there's the majority of other cardinals.
What is the names of these Cardinals, cause ive heard nothing of possible replacements

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
There is only one Australian with even a minute chance of becoming Pope, and it's not George Pell. It's that guy I saw on Lateline last Friday. Can't remember his name but he looks fairly old and is bald.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
leetom said:
There is only one Australian with even a minute chance of becoming Pope, and it's not George Pell. It's that guy I saw on Lateline last Friday. Can't remember his name but he looks fairly old and is bald.
Do you mean Cardinal Clancy?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Cardinal Pell, though a great guy (I've met him), is not going to be Pope. He has only been a cardinal for a year and has no experience within the Curia. He is virtually unknown.

Perhaps next time, but not now.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Lexicographer said:
Cardinal Pell, though a great guy (I've met him), is not going to be Pope. He has only been a cardinal for a year and has no experience within the Curia. He is virtually unknown.

Perhaps next time, but not now.
If i remember correctly before u have said that anyone can become pope as long as they are in the order? Does that mean parish priests too (cause i didnt think so)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
According to the Code of Canon Law any baptised male can be Pope.

But!

For centuries the Pope has been elected almost exclusively from among the Cardinals themselves. So while technically it can be any Catholic man, in reality it's just the cardinals.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
gosh you reek of superiority

edit: for lexi, but im sure i could apply it to you too, argonaut. youre like his apprentice or some shit

Last edited:

spiny norman

HSC
Argonaut said:
Of course it's from the Cardinals, they know the Church best. If they chose some ordianry boke off the street, they could easily get some divorced guy who couldn't care less and hasn't been to Church for a few years.
You do realise Pope John Paul II had a kid out of wedlock, don't you? Before becoming a priest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)