Geography Research Action Plan Question? (1 Viewer)

plasticities

HSC
what were we meant to write for that? i spent ages just looking at the paper, then wrote some shit about protesting against council for the eventual removal of houses and farms if the plan goes ahead?

supre

HSC
what were we meant to write for that? i spent ages just looking at the paper, then wrote some shit about protesting against council for the eventual removal of houses and farms if the plan goes ahead?
i wrote that presenting the advantages and disadvantages to the local council and having a community vote on the issue.

does it make sense? do u think these are valid reasons?

plasticities

HSC
i wrote that presenting the advantages and disadvantages to the local council and having a community vote on the issue.

does it make sense? do u think these are valid reasons?
yeah it does, that seems a much more likely answer :)

Entity

HSC
I wrote about proposing the findings to the local/state governemnt council thingy and also exposing the local town to the information in case they wish to protest. Im not sure if thats the right thing to do though... :/

Mudkip94

HSC
I got 0/5 for that... I had no idea what a RAP was... I wrote that the flooded areas could be turned into rice paddies and the government could find alternate accommodation for the peeps with flooded houses.

zxreth

HSC
i wrote signing a petition and having a commmunity meeting with a council representative. would i be right??

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I wasn't sure as to how to tackle the question, it said atleast two ways so i just wrote four different ways. One way peaceful rally, one was flyers, one was posters at the park and the other was contacting environmetalists. Hopefully i can get atleast 4/5 there.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
I got 0/5 for that... I had no idea what a RAP was... I wrote that the flooded areas could be turned into rice paddies and the government could find alternate accommodation for the peeps with flooded houses.
Yay, join the crew of 0/5s because I'm one of them.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Ouch people who got 0/5 there, you do realise that even presuming you get full marks in the rest of the test you are still on the cut off for band 6. = S

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Ouch people who got 0/5 there, you do realise that even presuming you get full marks in the rest of the test you are still on the cut off for band 6. = S
Too bad you do not understand the aligning process.
Cem and many other people have mentioned this many times and it is a pretty good knowledge to have.
The Boardofstudies wants to show that they are producing smart kids, so students who get a fail mark <50% will get pushed up to around the band 1 cut off which is 50. This is around 50% of the students who sit the exam. Since they get pushed up to an Aligned mark of 50+, students who scored a better mark will also get pushed up and so on.

Anyway, so in reality, (these marks are for instances) they can be

7/50 - 50 (Band 2)
16/50 - 60 (Band 3)
24/50 - 70 (Band 4)
31/50 - 80 (Band 5)
39/50 - 90 (Band 6)

vernon

HSC
EPIC FAIL 0/5 for the question. Geo/History; band 3 is eminent.

HSC
Uni Grad
WOOT WOOT for more rice =P

haha as i'm starting to read all of your responses I'm thinking I probably got less than 3/5.... oh well, bye bye band 6.

oh btw I talked about how people could ask other ppls opinions about the issues so a more informed decision can be made before you could take action... but looks like i didnt mention about signing a petition or doing anything like that.... meh.

Last edited:

salih08

HSC
signing a petition and organising a protest and filing a complaint to some environment preservation organistation :D

HSC
Uni Grad
Too bad you do not understand the aligning process.
Cem and many other people have mentioned this many times and it is a pretty good knowledge to have.
The Boardofstudies wants to show that they are producing smart kids, so students who get a fail mark <50% will get pushed up to around the band 1 cut off which is 50. This is around 50% of the students who sit the exam. Since they get pushed up to an Aligned mark of 50+, students who scored a better mark will also get pushed up and so on.

Anyway, so in reality, (these marks are for instances) they can be

7/50 - 50 (Band 2)
16/50 - 60 (Band 3)
24/50 - 70 (Band 4)
31/50 - 80 (Band 5)
39/50 - 90 (Band 6)
if 39/50 actually becomes a band 6 i might have some hope for both history and geo....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)