GENT0911 - Maniacs, Murderers & Medical Detectives (Session 1, 2006) (1 Viewer)

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone had done the gened GENT0911 - Maniacs, Murderers & Medical Detectives in the past and what exactly I should expect in it - the content, if it's as interesting as it sounds, if its a lot of work, or not, assignments, exams, etc.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yep done this one. The work load is not alot, and the course itself is not difficult - but don't be expecting high tech / recent medical sciences. The majority of the course looked at murders and detectives from long long long time ago...in fact I don't even remember studying anything that was remotely recent in that course.

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
hmmm, that's fine i guesss. are the murders and detectives from a long long long time ago remotely interesting (in terms of story and their ... detective ... process ... thingos)?

sunny

meh.
HSC
I guess its still interesting. We looked at the very start of medical science, one particularly interesting case was when hospitals needed dead bodies to study and people would go out and kill people then sell the "fresh" dead bodies to the hospitals for money.

If it doesn't bother you that its nothing recent or high tech I think it should be fine. From memory there was just a presentation for an assignment and a short essay writing test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)