Generic story/essay (1 Viewer)

OutOfOrder

HSC
What should be included in a generic pre-prepared essay or creative writing piece?
What things must we cover to make sure it is flexible and stuff.
My trials start next week.

HSC
N/A
I realise this does not answer the question, but I am also aware that this is a public forum, so here goes.

I don't really see how you can add much in a generic pre-prepared essay that's flexible enough for any question. Memorise techniques and effects all you like, but if you don't answer the question (and to do this you need to understand your texts and module) then you're screwed, full stop.

Ok, maybe not. But you're missing out on some easy-to-get marks that would come from trying to understand the module... if you can go to all the effort of pre-preparing an essay, surely you could go to the effort of trying to 'get' your module?

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
i agree with glitterfairy, there is no benefit in remembering a prepared essay, in addition to remembering techniques, u could memorise points regarding the journey that u could bring up if there relevant, (this is just an example: a physical journey is a spiritual quest, not all journeys have an ending,etc), and also examples that u could use to iluustrate your points.

For creative writing i think u could come up with a number of plots in ur head and if the right stimulus comes up u could elaborate on one of the plots (this is only so if they ask u to write a story).

hope that helps :)

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
What should be included in a generic pre-prepared essay or creative writing piece?
What things must we cover to make sure it is flexible and stuff.
My trials start next week.
I would memorize for an essay:
- ideas: make sure you have a clear understanding of the ideas you want to talk about.
- techniques/quotes (followed by effect): that support the idea.
- key sophisticated phrases: ones you can keep handly and stick in, if during the exam you find it hard to express what you want fast.
- a strong thesis/opinion about the text, which is also general enough to manipulate.

And hope that the question is general enough for you to manipulate - I usually mainly change my intro, conclusion and topic sentences to suit the question. As glitterfairy said - make sure you answer the question, and use what to know (memorized info) to do so. Gd luck.

Creative pieces are pretty easy to manipulate to any stimulus or question. Take note - that it may be in ANY text type...so you may have to change your style of writing and perspective (1st person/2nd etc) to suit it - but generally the central story can remain the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)