Generate radio waves? (1 Viewer)

-X-

HSC
N/A
"perform an investigation to demonstrate the production and reception of radio waves"
Anyone done this experiment? Could you give your results please? The Online HSC just describes how to do the experiment but with no results.

Thanks, :)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
That is pretty much it.

You just notice interference in the radio.

That's all we did in class as well.

-X-

HSC
N/A
But what about trying out different metals or shapes etc...?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
We were like "umm there's no static"

After the period was over I waited patiently for the entire class to leave before telling him "Dude....It's on FM that's why it didn't work"

LOL he went skitzo cuz i never told him earlier haha

inasero

Reborn
HSC
meh.. no.. we were like... *static*
ȳ ~~ ? ư ^^;

yeah we did this experiment as well and expanded upon it a little, but not to the extent that Hertz originally did

we detected static when the induction coil was switched on (over a distance of around 3 metres). Afterwards we tried again except using a "pringles" carton which had been cut open and shaped like a parabolic reflector...we noticed that it increased the rangeto about 6-7 m)

i think it was to demonstrate the wave nature of the radiation emitted from the spark gap...yah...i wouldn't lose any sleep over it

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
lol dw bout inasero... ^^*

how do u make a pringles carton into a parabolic reflector?? aren't parabolic reflectors like car headlights? (hm... did u shove alfoil into it?)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
hey havent u ever checked out the innards of a pringles carton? It's silvered~~ Well...what you do is cut off the top and bottom so u have an open ended cylinder....then cut down one side and fold it out to try and emulate a parabola...
i concede its really shoddy...but meh, it gets the job done

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+
meh.. no.. we were like... *static*
-end of experimetn.
hahahahahahhaha

we did by turning the radio on and picking up the disturbance from an induction coil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)