General UTS chit-chat (1 Viewer)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Re: The UTS 'Secks and It's time to get ready for Final exams!' Thread

MuffinMan said:
Hmm, I'll be lucky to pass that subject honestly, I didn't do so well in the groupwork.
It's kinda not my fault, it's pretty hard writing a 8000 word essay basically by myself and I just gave up on the group essay. Group members had no idea what theyre talking about, and I had to change most of it, but I was too tired to and I cbf. Stuffed up the subnetting bit too, cabled it wrong (don't look at me I didnt cable it i just subnetted it)

oh well theres always next time.
If by a miracle I pass.
I'm getting 70% for individual but like 20% in group. I don't know if I can pull it back. :(

oh hey do you know whats wrong with bos? I don't seem to be getting email reminders and stuff when someone replies to a thread.
anyways back to studying programming fundamentals
Networking 1 wasn't very hard before. There was no massive essay/group assignment before..
Wonder what Routing and Internetworks will be like... (restructured course too).

Malfoy said:
Me too. I'm hoping there's not as much in Business as there was in teaching.

I want my damn topic notifications back, as well. I left a thread in the "Contact Moderators" forum but it's been ignored. :(

I guess for the time being just use the UserCP and it'll tell you when things have been replied to?
Hmm. Sorry about that.
Notifications must have been turned off by the admin because of the influx of traffic during the HSC (along with things like who's online). Not sure when it will be turned on again. I'll make a post on it in modland.

LostAuzzie

HSC

jemsta said:
yeah just reading the syllabus on circuit anal-ysis makes me feel sick
i havent really encountered a hard subejct yet, and i doubt i ever will throughout this degree =D
Just wait till toxicology 2, ive heard that subject is really hard (well thats what both my chem tutors said, they also hate the guy who lectures it)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC

Huratio said:
Networking 1 wasn't very hard before. There was no massive essay/group assignment before..
Wonder what Routing and Internetworks will be like... (restructured course too).

Notifications must have been turned off by the admin because of the influx of traffic during the HSC (along with things like who's online). Not sure when it will be turned on again. I'll make a post on it in modland.
hey thanks for checking it up for us. yeah i found it pretty useful as in i dont have to check every five mins whether someone's replied to my post (i only do that if its urgent, like uni stuff, but you get my point). Thanks anyway.

hey just a question, can you complain if your group members tried (like put effort in) but didnt do anything productive in terms of meeting the requirements of the essay (aka they had no idea what they were talking about) can you still complain?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

I'd talk to the group member individually about the problem, and if that doesn't solve it- I'd talk to the subject coordinator.

There are normally provisions for problematic groups- it could be a separation, or even giving 0 to the group member. You'd have to discuss it with the subject coordinator though.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Re: The UTS 'Secks and Hope you were all ready since exams almost over!' Thread

Yeah. I know some people who did that too.

Combined degree cutoffs are lower than single degree cutoffs (because people would rather graduate quicker etc.) so it is an easier way to get into your desired course.

blOwfish

HSC

Hmm.. choosing my subject activities right now, but for e-business when looking at the timetable has a lecture and a practical, but i cant seem to see the practical listed in my subject activites o_O weird....

MuffinMan

HSC

Huratio said:
Yeah. I know some people who did that too.

Combined degree cutoffs are lower than single degree cutoffs (because people would rather graduate quicker etc.) so it is an easier way to get into your desired course.
hmm didn't work for me.
I tried b sc it -> b business b computing but they said i'd lose like 18 cp electives or some stupid thing like that, not really worth it imo.

but I guess you can transfer from a double to a single, but I'd imagine you'd lose heaps of credit points on the course you're going to drop, unless they count for electives

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

blOwfish said:
Hmm.. choosing my subject activities right now, but for e-business when looking at the timetable has a lecture and a practical, but i cant seem to see the practical listed in my subject activites o_O weird....
Hmm.. Wait until tomorrow. I read on MyStudentAdmin that some enrollments wouldn't available until tomorrow (I'm guessing that is the same for MySubjectActivities and timetable allocations).

MuffinMan said:
hmm didn't work for me.
I tried b sc it -> b business b computing but they said i'd lose like 18 cp electives or some stupid thing like that, not really worth it imo.

but I guess you can transfer from a double to a single, but I'd imagine you'd lose heaps of credit points on the course you're going to drop, unless they count for electives
It might work better now, seeing that BBus/BComp is now called BBus/BScIT.

I transferred from BScIT to BBus/BComp without any loss (after 1 semester of it). I got credits for all of my subjects I studied under BScIT; a bit lucky maybe... e.g. Programming Fundamentals (VB.net) is no way like Object Oriented Programming (Java), but I got it exempted.

raiders771

HSC

eco 2morrow gosh

MuffinMan

HSC

Huratio said:
It might work better now, seeing that BBus/BComp is now called BBus/BScIT.
nah i asked like in august. Don't think much has changed since then.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC

Huratio said:
2008 Class Timetables are out:
http://timetable.uts.edu.au/

Enrollments open next week? I'm not 100% sure, please correct me if I am mistaken.

I'm pretty behind on my study =(. IT subjects are fail when it comes to late scheduled exams.

You know alot of people joe... your even in BizComp Reprezent haha.
haha yep
im biz/law represent in biz comp ;)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

MuffinMan said:
nah i asked like in august. Don't think much has changed since then.
I asked them prior to my transfer, and they said I wouldn't get a one-to-one credit for all of my subjects, but I was suprised when all of them credited when the transfer was offered.

Which subjects have you done under BScIT?

goan_crazy said:
haha yep
im biz/law represent in biz comp ;)
The only one lol.

___

"Please enrol in subjects for the full year (Autumn and Spring semester) by 10pm, Tuesday 18 December 2007. "
-http://onestop.uts.edu.au/

How can I enrol into them when my Accounting 2 results haven't come out (which aren't allowing me to enrol into my accounting major subjects) =\

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

2 down 2 to go.

MuffinMan

HSC

Huratio said:
Which subjects have you done under BScIT?
CITP, Business Requirements, Prog Fundamentals.

krayzie_

HSC

bloody 5 subjects spring next year. bloody

MuffinMan

HSC

oh hey allister, they let me off the plagarism thing. well i told them my partner gave away my assignment and they asked the other group and then they let me off cause I had nothing to do with it. They didn't even ask for a witness. Lucky I got that out of the way, thanks for the info you sent me :)

goan_crazy

HSC

Huratio said:
The only one lol.
haha yeah
can't wait for the mess fest this weekend :)
haven't seen dane and steph since my bday
and ben russell for a while
dariya i see like every weekend when we go out partying
haha
and i havent seen tomasz in sooo long

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

jemsta said:
2 down 2 to go.
Same as me!

MuffinMan said:
CITP, Business Requirements, Prog Fundamentals.
Also, which subjects have you got credits for? (from your prior learning).
CITP, Business Requirements, Prog Fundamentals are all in BBus/BScIT and wouldn't have any trouble going one-to-one.

krayzie_ said:
bloody 5 subjects spring next year. bloody
o_O How come? 5 subjects is a pretty heavy load.

MuffinMan said:
oh hey allister, they let me off the plagarism thing. well i told them my partner gave away my assignment and they asked the other group and then they let me off cause I had nothing to do with it. They didn't even ask for a witness. Lucky I got that out of the way, thanks for the info you sent me :)
Cool. All cleared up now.

goan_crazy said:
haha yeah
can't wait for the mess fest this weekend :)
haven't seen dane and steph since my bday
and ben russell for a while
dariya i see like every weekend when we go out partying
haha
and i havent seen tomasz in sooo long
Who is Dariya?
Unfortunately I'm not going =( I still have heaps of study to do on the 2 remaining exams I have.

Last edited:

goan_crazy

HSC

Huratio said:
Who is Dariya?
dariya kaing
see my facebook
shes in my top friends
im sure uve seen her round
biz comp
2nd year
shes a massive party animal
bigger than me! :/

blOwfish

HSC

Still seems alot of people are still in the exam period. I dont know why, but they schedule the B. of Business exams all very close together. We all finished on the Friday!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)