general UNSW chit-chat (4 Viewers)

Tim035

HSC
There's some crazy you tube videos from out west where the dust storm gets so thick the sky turns black.

I feel bad that my instant deduction when I woke up and saw the dust was, oh sh*t what's been blown up by terrorists.

click here

to see my profile
HSC
Some thief at uni today stole my wallet. $75, uni ID card, license, travel pass, newspaper subscription card, library card and 2 printing card gone

****!!!!!!!!

:mad:

losing your wallet is so damn annoying..

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Were u held at gun/knife/fist point by a large individual/large group of thugs, or did you leave it on a table, went somewhere, came back and it was gone?

I get paranoid when im in the library/some room and i have my laptop on and i need to go pee, im always as quick as possible and so relieved that my laptop is still there, lol.

click here

to see my profile
HSC
Well I'm not really sure how they stole it but I remember leaving my wallet in my bag in the classroom (there were other bags in the class as well) and going to the another room to present my work. They probably took it then but I'm not really sure as I only discovered that I lost my wallet when I got home. But I could have lost it on my way back home but I doubt it as I had my bag in front of me when I was on the bus and trains.

click here

to see my profile
HSC
Got a question...should I continue buying concession ticket even if I now don't have my student card?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
technically you need a student card as proof to buy a concession ticket, so you cant.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUT if you have a old one, then i doubt they'd notice. Ticket sellers dont have time to read the tiny writing on your student concession card that says 2009, so if you still have a student card with u (an old one), then just flash that when they ask ;)

if they do notice its out of date, maybe just make up an excuse and say your getting your new one, if not, full fare.

Last edited:

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Were u held at gun/knife/fist point by a large individual/large group of thugs, or did you leave it on a table, went somewhere, came back and it was gone?

I get paranoid when im in the library/some room and i have my laptop on and i need to go pee, im always as quick as possible and so relieved that my laptop is still there, lol.
I take mine with me :-/

HSC
when's the earliest you guys have started an essay?
and
also
latest you've started an essay?

Uncle

Banned
HSC
that duststormed unsw is a true preview of a commie unsw.
if unsw were to become communist, the australian school of business would have to go first.
but then without it, there would not be that large annual influx of asians enrolling at glorious unsw.

Earliest, night before. Latest, 2 hours before due time.
Chat up some 1st years mate.

i have contacts at mech eng and you could a few close-combat tricks to disable your opponent to give you time to run off.
i dont talk shit about CQC or be assertive for nothing.

also, thanks to that i aint bringing my own valuable property now, use whatever is on site now, despite mediocre equipment.

and
also
i started my essay 3 hours after the question sheet was released.

120+ words out of the required 1500 minimum.

brb waiting to drop arts.

HSC
I usually start mine a week in advance but make such little progress I finish in the last hour before the deadline. >_>

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
4.5/5 for fluids lab, we're even for now uncle, i lost half a mark because i missed out something, in that discussion question where you told me to write about how head loss is proportional to length of pipe and inversely proportional to diameter of pipe, i was apparently supposed to mention something about how there needs to be a distance between the inlet and pressure tapping to ensure the flow of water evens up for an accurate measurement.
Something along the lines of that.

I'll try to be on time next time so i dont have to go to a later lab class :eek:

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
that duststormed unsw is a true preview of a commie unsw.
if unsw were to become communist, the australian school of business would have to go first.
but then without it, there would not be that large annual influx of asians enrolling at glorious unsw.
sorry to destroy your nazi bigot fantasies but communism and official 'ethnic ' purity policy will not come about in a giant storm 'end times' moment. As much as you think that you have 'willed' this dust storm to 'clense' infestation' of 'unpures', it remains that it was a naturally occurring phenomenon. Bigot.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
sorry to destroy your nazi bigot fantasies but communism and official 'ethnic ' purity policy will not come about in a giant storm 'end times' moment. As much as you think that you have 'willed' this dust storm to 'clense' infestation' of 'unpures', it remains that it was a naturally occurring phenomenon. Bigot.
oh ok.

littlesev

HSC
and
also
I've just started a 3000 words paper due next Monday. . . so that's the latest. Earliest whenever my groupmates schedule for a meeting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)