• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

general UNSW chit-chat (2 Viewers)

stephenchow

HSC
Raginsheep said:
Which one is "Tasty" Bites again?
I think its in the place called the arcade

MedNez said:
Inside of uni:

DO NOT EAT AT TASTY BITES. Someone should call the health inspectors on that place, they don't even use gloves.
Do they like pick their nose and touch the food?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
McDonalds is pretty good if you're low on cash, but yeah, I pretty much took my lunch 3 out of 4 days per week.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
LottoX said:
Anything good near upper campus?
Tropical Green, Viet place. $3.30 for a chicken salad roll (that is loaded) and pork buns for like $1.50. It's in the Pavillion. I've been there everyday since I've started.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i dont see how people can still buy food from nasty bites....only ever bought a bacon and egg sandwich and for that price, tasted like shit

drmix

HSC
N/A
how much are you guys willing to spend on food at uni per day?

drmix

HSC
N/A
well then i reckon the kebabs opposite the CLB and underneath the quad for $6 is good

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Oh, and I highly reccomend that place outside the library lawn at the entrance to mathews. I don't know what it's called, but they food they serve is absolutely excellent. Particularly the rolls.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
it depends whats value for money
i personally wouldnt buy a hamburger for $5, but i would go to kingsford and spent $7.50 on pad thai

stephenchow

HSC
uhawww said:
Tropical Green, Viet place. $3.30 for a chicken salad roll (that is loaded) and pork buns for like $1.50. It's in the Pavillion. I've been there everyday since I've started.
Is that on top of the Arcade?

implicity

HSC
McDonald's ftw.

Or bring your own food/eat the free food they sometimes give out at central in the mornings.

Raginsheep

HSC
Maccas is ok but not everyday. Besides, you have to walk there.....

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Jesus christ, how lazy are you people! We walk to randwick or kingsford to have lunch when we have to eat.

elfm

HSC
not everyone has the time to! (bludging miners)

the viet store is in the pavillion which is that big glass building on top of mathews arcade. you can get there by walking through to the other side of the mathews theatres building entrance (double doors), or by going inside the library, go to your left, head up the stairs, go up one level, proceed down pass the mass of tables through a narrow tunnel/walkway, (you're now in the biomedical library), go right and find the exit next to the computers and you should be at the pavillion! (this is quite possibly the longest route to get there by :p)

at the viet place, i recommend the 'beef rice noodle'... or chicken, seafood.. whatever you prefer. make sure you don't get the soup version of it. it's quite a cheap and filling meal.

tasty bites is in mathews arcade which is next to the mathews theatres building entrance, close to the library.

i usually spend way too much money on food at uni. i probably spend close to $15 per day... this includes spending it on drinks and snacks. and no, i'm not a fatty :p

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
why don't they pluralise noodle in those asian food places? has anyone ever wondered about that?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
elfm said:
not everyone has the time to! (bludging miners)

the viet store is in the pavillion which is that big glass building on top of mathews arcade. you can get there by walking through to the other side of the mathews theatres building entrance (double doors), or by going inside the library, go to your left, head up the stairs, go up one level, proceed down pass the mass of tables through a narrow tunnel/walkway, (you're now in the biomedical library), go right and find the exit next to the computers and you should be at the pavillion! (this is quite possibly the longest route to get there by :p)

at the viet place, i recommend the 'beef rice noodle'... or chicken, seafood.. whatever you prefer. make sure you don't get the soup version of it. it's quite a cheap and filling meal.

tasty bites is in mathews arcade which is next to the mathews theatres building entrance, close to the library.

i usually spend way too much money on food at uni. i probably spend close to $15 per day... this includes spending it on drinks and snacks. and no, i'm not a fatty :p
the pork rolls at the pavailion are pretty good, but beef rice noodle taste like shit
id rather go chinatown and get my beef noodles from there

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
if i had a 2-3 hour break, i would just bus to the city and have lunch there. ^^

kura in haymarket is a pretty nice, cheap japanese food place. ramen kan is okay but i find their food a bit on the salty side.

Raginsheep

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
why don't they pluralise noodle in those asian food places? has anyone ever wondered about that?
Since when have Asians used proper gramma?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Puts a sign next to Politik stating "There's a Summer Session thread in the General - UNSW Forum" :)

Lol you're making me feel guilty about going overseas during summer.

Anyhow, Haymarket does sound good...it's just that you have to walk and spend money on transport. Though I might need to seriously consider it, since I still have 13 weeks left of 6 hour breaks on Tuesdays.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i think wed 1pm if i remember correctly

fuck today i had to go to unsw student central to get my academic transcripts, and about 4pm the bus line was the biggest ive ever seen
man im glad i drove to uni instead of waiting for the damn buses

oh the new science building looks coolness too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)