general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

gman03

HSC
As I've said, I don't mind paying for as long as I get a proportion out of it. I don't see 0 as a proportion... not in a positive sense.

How about they save some money from printing useless info on the year planner and bring the price of food down and put more food variety instead of "we sell chicken/beef kebab and pide with potato chips, but we've run out of pide and chicken and the chips are not ready, would you like salad instead?"

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
5. Overpayments
Overpayments are credited towards future charges and will be refunded on written request only to: Treasury - Lower Ground floor, Chancellery Building, UNSW 2052

My S1 statement says i have -$244.80 due, but it isn't credited anywhere on my S2 statement. What I do now laaah?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
1. I've not been asked about my UAI by anyone in the vicinity of Kensington (which is probably a good thing too).

2. I've been billed $256.60 for next semester, which is 20c less than last term! I still don't intend to pay it until sometime midway through next term.

3. I had an Asian...study accomplice during the HSC that needed a UAI in the nineties, yet scored in the high sixties. I still don't think that he's lived that down. I on the other hand have been celebrating, as I told everyone that challenged my that I would beat them, and I did.

3. I, as a lefty, see no point in student union fees. I use my fees to get a 10c discount on an otherwise $2.60 bottle of coke. I obtain Tharunka and Blitz from the Biological Sciences buildings everytime I see one, yet I would be happy to pay a small fee to Tharunka every week or so to make it a weekly publication for those that want it.

4. mX is a lesser environmental hazard than using a computer, commuting to university or buying all those papers that are prescribed to you at university. If you're going to be an environmentalist that complains about other people, at least clean up your own act first and become a bushman or something, living off the land. That way, when the peak oil theory starts to take effect, and the world plunges into poverty, you'll be relatively safe.

5. Is it just me, or were they putting maggots on the ground opposite the blockhouse this morning. That could have been the reason for the horrific stench of rotting corpse.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
1. Hey, Nebuchanezzar, what was your UAI? :p

2. Your current liability as of 02/03/2006 was $0.00

3. Numbered lists are gay.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Curry said:
1. Hey, Nebuchanezzar, what was your UAI? :p

2. Your current liability as of 02/03/2006 was $0.00

3. Numbered lists are gay.
Wrong date for your liability? :\

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
MedNez said:
Wrong date for your liability? :\
Yeah haven't enrolled in S2 yet. Probably that's why. Eh, plenty of time. Maybe I will try that method to avoid the fees.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I thought we were supposed to enrol for session 2 at the beggining of the year. How wrong I was.

I'll tell you something else I noticed? Those exam staff are by and large, old hags. Especially that old man. How cool does he think he is sitting up the front ordering the old ladies around, what an ass. And why the hell did that woman keep speaking on her hpine during the GEOS1701 exam today? I ought to apply for an academic disadvantage of some sort to boost my GPA.

elfm

HSC
IS SIMON GAY IN THIS ROOM? LOLLLLLLLLL! man that kid must've been owned in primary school.

yeah god damn that lady was annoying the hell out of me. fucking turn your phone on silent and put it in your pocket for fucks sake, instead of leaving it on the front table and running all the way from the back of the room to answer it several times. and those god damn bitches talking outside the doorway were also very annoying... i was sitting right next to the door :mad: :mad:

thank god the test was easy, or someone would have gotten a stabbing in the eye.

i've been asked for my uai like a million times at uni

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Sitting next to the door eh? I probably saw you at some stage. Meh.

Anyway, too bad if Simon Gay happened to be a member here. :p

What were the three factors of the ecosystem or whatever it was? That's the only question I was completely stumped at.

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
elfm said:
fucking turn your phone on silent and put it in your pocket for fucks sake, instead of leaving it on the front table and running all the way from the back of the room to answer it several times.

GRAAAAGGHRH

Lady today in R-level4 this morning
- Shuts the doors at 9:45. Right in a guy's face, doesn't let him in. He walks in after a few minutes and tells him to stand still so he's not disrupting her stupid speech by walking in and sitting down.
- A few more people walk in. She's lost the table numbers, and assumes that all the tables are full. So she tells us off, saying that there are a bunch of us in the wrong room, despite the fact that there are three empty tables in the first few rows. Yeah, people are going to turn up to the exam for a mega-hard subject just for the fun of it. Good one.
- Talked on the phone, LOUDLY, for a good 5 minutes. She started off quiet, then forgot she was in an exam room and got louder and louder.
- When asked to shut the door to keep the travellator noise out: "Yes, we've reported that!" *doesn't shut door* "So are you going to shut the bloody door?" "Oh yeah"
- "We appear to be running a little late *dissapproving glare* due to some students having trouble with the instructions" Perhaps if you would shut up and follow your own instructions we could get started already.
- *hands in booklet with formula sheets* "Oh, i don't think that's right, why are you handing them in?" *points to instructions on front saying "HAND IN FORMULA SHEETS" ... so the lady says "oh, i'll have to check that" and they have a bloody conference down the front for a few minutes. LEARN TO READ.

I have news for you level 4 lady. I'll be there next wednesday and if you come near me or do anything stupid, i'm going to rip your head off.

/rant

Test was easy.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I was in R-LEVEL 4 this morning and saw nothing of the sort. I saw a group of people come in lateish, and I did see them shut the door to keep out the noise of those "movators", but I don't remember yelling. Then again, it was a geology exam, I guess I was concentrating on it or summat.

Those movators are the stupidest thing I've ever seen, and been on. If there's was a fire on level 4 on race day, they'd all be dead.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Those movators are the stupidest thing I've ever seen, and been on. If there's was a fire on level 4 on race day, they'd all be dead.
That's ok, the fire could rid Sydney of the yuppies and gamblers in one fell swoop.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
if there was a fire on level four during our exam period time all the smart people in sydney would die...

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
I find it funny that they have signs with "keep left when going down" for the 'travelators' like it's fucking logical to do that......
Not on the actual travelators, but walking in-between the two when you have to do a U-turn to get to the second travelator.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)