general UNSW chit-chat (3 Viewers)

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
Thanks for the opinions - I did go with option 2, since I figure anything that doesn't make me want to punch the lecturer must be an improvement. (btw this is for my second major / minor; still sticking with bio.)

lol from 1 Jan 08 to 30 June 09 there has been...

169 fire alarms
:rolleyes: Sounds about right.

0 murders
*feels reassured*

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I recall an attempted murder when I was living in college in 2006. Not on campus but nearby. Someone had their throat slashed in the laneway at the back of maccas :|

Uncle

Banned
HSC
'k bos, I have a hypothetical 'What Would You Do?' question for anyone who feels like answering it, involving a choice between two uni study plans. (I have already made up my mind btw, but am curious to see what other people would do.)

Option 1: There is a course that sounds tailor-made for the type of career you want to eventually have. It also provides some pretty decent opportunities (career-wise, work experience wise, making contacts etc) related to this career, and you get good marks in it. However you absolutely hate and despise the course with every fibre of your being. You cannot stand how it is run, you learn absolutely nothing from it, it involves constant group work and generally it just feels worse than doing the frigging HSC again. At the end you will end up with a bit of paper that has a degree name on it that is perfect for your career...it's just getting there will almost drive you insane. And be expensive.

Option 2: Instead of doing the above course, you could do a completely different course that sounds a lot more interesting. It won't offer the kinds of opportunities that option 1 gives you, and is kind of irrelevant to your degree / future career, but you will enjoy it a whole lot more, and can still pursue your desired career path at the end of it - it might just take a little more effort on your part to get there without having gone down the 'option 1' path.

Which would you pick?
i would pick option 1,
i tried something like option 2 and it screwed me over.

lol from 1 Jan 08 to 30 June 09 there has been...

5 assaults
3 bomb threats
169 fire alarms
andd 6 fires

oh and i would go with option 2
hahahaha
fucken firetruckssssss surrounding red centre all the time

HSC
how clogged do the servers get when enrollment opens at this time

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
how clogged do the servers get when enrollment opens at this time
Epic clogged... luckily I'm enrolling from Asia. Win.

Officially enrolled now :D

Personally I'd pick Option 2, but since I'm already on Option 1 I'll just have to live with it >_>

dvse

HSC
N/A
'k bos, I have a hypothetical 'What Would You Do?' question for anyone who feels like answering it, involving a choice between two uni study plans. (I have already made up my mind btw, but am curious to see what other people would do.)

Option 1: There is a course that sounds tailor-made for the type of career you want to eventually have. It also provides some pretty decent opportunities (career-wise, work experience wise, making contacts etc) related to this career, and you get good marks in it. However you absolutely hate and despise the course with every fibre of your being. You cannot stand how it is run, you learn absolutely nothing from it, it involves constant group work and generally it just feels worse than doing the frigging HSC again. At the end you will end up with a bit of paper that has a degree name on it that is perfect for your career...it's just getting there will almost drive you insane. And be expensive.

Option 2: Instead of doing the above course, you could do a completely different course that sounds a lot more interesting. It won't offer the kinds of opportunities that option 1 gives you, and is kind of irrelevant to your degree / future career, but you will enjoy it a whole lot more, and can still pursue your desired career path at the end of it - it might just take a little more effort on your part to get there without having gone down the 'option 1' path.

Which would you pick?

I think the only real choice is to do both as some kind of double degree. This is the only good thing about the Australian university system. Seriously.

flowerbomb

HSC
N/A
My timetable sucks. i have a 6 hour break on wednesdays and a 4 hour break on thursdays next semester. :|

MooshyMoosh

HSC
Finally enrolled into courses today. Turns out I read one of the times wrong for one of the labs, and now get an extra hour of sleep :lol:

Other than that, zmail confuses me :evilfire:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)