general UNSW chit-chat (3 Viewers)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Wasn't that yesterday? DEMAND A BETTER FUTURE OR SOMETHING WE ARE STUDENTS WE HAVE ISSUES. These people have yet to realise that student protests achieve nothing other than giving the army something to shoot at.
i lol'd at the demand for more financial support. i get paid $450~ a fortnight by centrelink, fairly fucking sufficient imo as I've had enough to pay rent, be well fed, and blow loads of dollarz playing tekken and other nerdy shit.

karoooh

HSC
OMG I wished I worked at Apple. :( Are you at the City store or the Chatswood one? Have they even opened the Chatswood one yet?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
karoooh said:
OMG I wished I worked at Apple. :( Are you at the City store or the Chatswood one? Have they even opened the Chatswood one yet?
city yo

HSC
darkwolfzx said:
So um I herd there was a protest on library lawn today at noon?
It was wednesday around noon. I was goina go but somehow forgot :(

uhawww said:
i lol'd at the demand for more financial support. i get paid $450~ a fortnight by centrelink, fairly fucking sufficient imo as I've had enough to pay rent, be well fed, and blow loads of dollarz playing tekken and other nerdy shit.
Is that youth allowance + rent assist?

It's actually impossible that CL give you enough for rent, since its only 75% of the cost up to something like $60 a week, which is jackshit. And then there's electricity and internet bills and phone bills.

Then you need to pay for basic things like printer cartridges (well I do anyway). If something breaks or you need a new something, that costs money. Every semester requires new stationary supplies, not to mention course packs.

Etc, etc, etc - tl;dr cost of living is far higher than the money provided to students.

Last edited:

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
shinji said:
haha. the name's kent. =p
it probably isn't you though, friend's are 3rd year students and one of them is doing a cadetship with E&Y. hmmm

hahah yeah probs isn't me then :)
nice to me you *virtually* anyway HA :lol:

i'm so sleep deprived these days kids - staying up to watch the athletics finals at 12:20am :( but THEY'RE SO AWESOME HOLYFUCKINGMOFO!

Mike - i'm starting to feel like an insomniac now.. haha :p

Oh and I finally managed to get YA from CL too! It's been a long time coming since I wasn't able to declare self 'independence' until recently when I realised i'd hit the threshold of that 75% figure for some income in 18mths after leaving high school. But i chose to get taxed at 30% so i'll only be able to get net around 152 a fortnight which kinda sucks :/ - do you reckon they'd let you change the tax rate in future? Since i chose that 30% in the first place............

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
shoxgeneration said:
hahah yeah probs isn't me then :)
nice to me you *virtually* anyway HA :lol:

i'm so sleep deprived these days kids - staying up to watch the athletics finals at 12:20am :( but THEY'RE SO AWESOME HOLYFUCKINGMOFO!

Mike - i'm starting to feel like an insomniac now.. haha :p

Oh and I finally managed to get YA from CL too! It's been a long time coming since I wasn't able to declare self 'independence' until recently when I realised i'd hit the threshold of that 75% figure for some income in 18mths after leaving high school. But i chose to get taxed at 30% so i'll only be able to get net around 152 a fortnight which kinda sucks :/ - do you reckon they'd let you change the tax rate in future? Since i chose that 30% in the first place............
Haha yeah! Hajimemashite! ^__^

China's up to 44gold. =/
rigged much? hahaha. That was last time i checked as well , which was yesty.

you should get some more sleep =]

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
shinji said:
Haha yeah! Hajimemashite! ^__^

China's up to 44gold. =/
rigged much? hahaha. That was last time i checked as well , which was yesty.

you should get some more sleep =]

hahha oh i wish i could but i can't. i love the athletics too much :uhhuh:
It sends nostalgic shivers up my body whenever I watch the finals cos i used to do sprints as well . but now i'm a lazy uni student :)

so it feels good watching them, cos you feel so nervous for them and get like... butterflies in your stomach and shake uncontrollably.. waiting until the gun gets shot... well okay that's what happens to me anyway :D

hahah nah not rigged, rather.... much skill, money and effort being ploughed in.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
shoxgeneration said:
hahha oh i wish i could but i can't. i love the athletics too much :uhhuh:
It sends nostalgic shivers up my body whenever I watch the finals cos i used to do sprints as well . but now i'm a lazy uni student :)

so it feels good watching them, cos you feel so nervous for them and get like... butterflies in your stomach and shake uncontrollably.. waiting until the gun gets shot... well okay that's what happens to me anyway :D

hahah nah not rigged, rather.... much skill, money and effort being ploughed in.
Hahaha.

so you used to do athletics eh? My friend is still continuing in athletics. He's gone far as well. He's visited several countries to compete and has gotten in the top 5 or so in most of the competitions.

Butterflies in stomache .. shake uncontrollably ... sounds like me all the time .XD
nah. but i know how it feels. It's gonna happen to me when i get into my first jigeiko (pratice match) for kendo ^___^

still think it's rigged one way or another .ahaha

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
We shouldn't be paid to fucking study, man. You know what I did when I realised that I wanted more shit to survive than I could afford? I got a job.
why not?
people are being paid for full time work. Full time study should have some sort of immediate benefit for us. Us full time students can only really ave part time wrk. =/

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
It was wednesday around noon. I was goina go but somehow forgot :(

Is that youth allowance + rent assist?

It's actually impossible that CL give you enough for rent, since its only 75% of the cost up to something like $60 a week, which is jackshit. And then there's electricity and internet bills and phone bills.

Then you need to pay for basic things like printer cartridges (well I do anyway). If something breaks or you need a new something, that costs money. Every semester requires new stationary supplies, not to mention course packs.

Etc, etc, etc - tl;dr cost of living is far higher than the money provided to students.

Yeah it's with rent assistance. Um that post sounds like you're calling me a liar. Last I checked I'm still alive :\ And I've been living away from home for over a year dude.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
uhawww said:
Yeah it's with rent assistance. Um that post sounds like you're calling me a liar. Last I checked I'm still alive :\ And I've been living away from home for over a year dude.
can i live with u?

hahah jk jk.
where you live? on campus or jsut near to uni?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
shinji said:
can i live with u?

hahah jk jk.
where you live? on campus or jsut near to uni?
near campus, just over in kensington. with 3 girls lulz

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
uhawww said:
near campus, just over in kensington. with 3 girls lulz
oh my.

u pimp. ;o
so u left home when u started uni? what your parents say/do? lol.
do you know how to cook? XD

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
shinji said:
oh my.

u pimp. ;o
so u left home when u started uni? what your parents say/do? lol.
do you know how to cook? XD
yeah, I used to live in Wollongong but ditched it to cum to Syd for uni and just to stay up here, I love it so much compared to down there

of course I know how to cook :p! It took me a while to learn I might add, but basic stuff really isn't hard (ie: frozen stirfry etc)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
uhawww said:
yeah, I used to live in Wollongong but ditched it to cum to Syd for uni and just to stay up here, I love it so much compared to down there

of course I know how to cook :p! It took me a while to learn I might add, but basic stuff really isn't hard (ie: frozen stirfry etc)
Lol. i'm beginning to learn how to cook. Starting out okay atm. ^_^
Except my beef + veggies stirfry wasn't THAT great. =/

Oh wait could you tell me why you're studying? Oh that's right so you can get a job that pays a higher wage than a job you'd get without any University education. When you want something that costs more than the amount of money you currently have, do you save up to pay for it? Why shouldn't you just be given it for free!
[sarcasm]im studying for fun [/sarcasm] <_<

And the thing is, I rarely have to save up for anything. I don't buy that much to begin with so when I do need to buy something, i have the funds necessary. But that's for all the purchases for<$2000.
I'm currently saving up atm. Why? Because nothing else to do with the money.

And i didn't say anything about getting anything for free.. To assume makes an ass out of u and me.

Society owes you nothing. You are at University to earn more money in the future and increase your job security, there are millions of people in Australia who are not in University and don't have those opportunities.
So why should the people who don't work, sit on their asses all day begging for money get the money? They don't deserve it when all they do is spend it on grog/cigarettes. Sure there are some people who do deserve it, but there are others who don't deserve it.

Take the part time work on top of the YA and learn how the real world works.
What do you mean? I do have youth allowance & am undertaking part time work. Also, I wasn't saying that my understanding of the world and how it was is correct. I wasn't saying what i said should be the way things are.

Full time study should have some sort of immediate benefit for us. Us full time students can only really ave part time wrk.
should doesn't = hve to.

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
We shouldn't be paid to fucking study, man. You know what I did when I realised that I wanted more shit to survive than I could afford? I got a job.
Getting a job is mutually exclusive to full-time education for most degrees which require any serious amount of work and effort.

In addition, regardless of the overall time required to achieve a passing grade, it is always better to do extra work and hence graduate with higher skills and experience than the person who didn't spend as much time due to whatever reason (ie. working).

Quite simply, the less time students spend working, the more time they spend studying - which should be the #1 priority of the government. The idea that full-time students should be forced to work is disgusting.

uhawww said:
I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just saying it's not possible to over *100%* of your rent with rent assistance.

It could be done in other ways, like taking money from youth allowance, commonwealth accommodation scholarships, etc - I'm sure this is what you meant.

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
shinji said:
Hahaha.

so you used to do athletics eh? My friend is still continuing in athletics. He's gone far as well. He's visited several countries to compete and has gotten in the top 5 or so in most of the competitions.

Butterflies in stomache .. shake uncontrollably ... sounds like me all the time .XD
nah. but i know how it feels. It's gonna happen to me when i get into my first jigeiko (pratice match) for kendo ^___^

still think it's rigged one way or another .ahaha

Ah well good luck for that. First matches for anything are always hard-sweating!

Yeah, just for fun/school competition... for self enjoyment and simply to see how high it could get me w/o having a prof. coach and all like most of the other kids normally did. It was awesome adrenaline rush!

Wow, you're friend sounds impressive - tops to that! What events exactly?

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
If you can't get around a HD average in Engineering and still work ~10 hours a week ($150.00 + YA on top of it) then you don't deserve to be at Uni.
This may come as a shock to you, but everyone is different. Making sweeping generalisations based on baseless assumptions, mainly coming from your personal opinions and beliefs does not result in a convincing argument.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
shoxgeneration said:
Ah well good luck for that. First matches for anything are always hard-sweating!

Yeah, just for fun/school competition... for self enjoyment and simply to see how high it could get me w/o having a prof. coach and all like most of the other kids normally did. It was awesome adrenaline rush!

Wow, you're friend sounds impressive - tops to that! What events exactly?
Haah yeah thanks. I shall enjoy it.! =D

So how far you end up going with athletics? States? nationals? :p

uhm. he did the following:
- triple jump
- high jump (he can jump over me -_-
- 100M sprint/whatever
- long jump

etc. lol.
just those. what bout u? wht events u do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)